What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cinebench R23 & 2024

freeagent

Hmmmm...does this mean for a brief time I get to take the single core top spot!?
That last 5 points is always the hardest :D

Edit:

For some reason I thought I was quoting a 5950X and a different score..

I blame the weed :)

Bond007

Pretty much no change with memory increased from JEDEC timings and 4800, to expo timings and 6000…guess it’s a straight up cpu reliant bench
Ok, confirmed not memory sensitive. I got sucked into a memory rabbit hole here. Started with (per above) JEDEC speeds/timing, then EXPO speeds/timings, and then I updated to the latest bios and changed all timings to Buildzoid SK Hynix timings (which have a pretty big change in other uses) and it is again zero net gain in Cinebench R23. I guess my previous score is it unless I try to further push the cores themselves.

lowfat

Staff member
Not sure what is going on with single threaded tests. But it is maxing out a full GHz under the multi-threaded clock speed.
1.JPG

Dwayne

cine2024.jpg

Not sure what they are doing with their GPU test. My number is pretty low compared to the lowfat's 4080.

Lysrin

This isn't the benchmark thread... why did you guys start another one?
I believe because the version of Cinebench changed. Likely wanted to keep 2023 results separate from the new 2024 results. But I get what you are saying because this post is under "Press Releases and Tech News". I suppose results would have been better under the Benchmarking category.

Izerous

Folding Team
I just edited the R23 thread to include a section for 2024 I had started and copied over Dwayne's and freeagent's scores. lowfat's is incomplete so I only copied over the GPU score.

Freeagents R23 vs 2024 score looks like we can expect multiscore scores to drop by ~15x and single core scores to drop by ~16x. More comparible posts maybe we can come up with more accurate estimations.

7900XTX vs 4080 are pretty comparible in gaming however Dwayne's 7900XTX scored measureablly lower than even the 4070ti in 2024. It might heavily favour raytracing optimizations.

Latest posts