What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

lowfat

Staff member
So the big company we contract for split in to 2 companies back in the fall. But up until today they still used the same backbone. Logistics, call center, call handling, and support was all done exactly the same. One company we still use the same app, tools, support, etc. But the other, they gave us zero documentation / details. They won't allow their app to run on the same device as the other company. So they gave us logins to a web portal. It sucks, can't do have the stuff we could before. Have to login w/ authenticator EVERY damn time as far as I can tell. Half the stuff we did in the old app now requires us to call someone else to get them to do it.

crazyea

So the big company we contract for split in to 2 companies back in the fall. But up until today they still used the same backbone. Logistics, call center, call handling, and support was all done exactly the same. One company we still use the same app, tools, support, etc. But the other, they gave us zero documentation / details. They won't allow their app to run on the same device as the other company. So they gave us logins to a web portal. It sucks, can't do have the stuff we could before. Have to login w/ authenticator EVERY damn time as far as I can tell. Half the stuff we did in the old app now requires us to call someone else to get them to do it.
Probably optimized by an efficiency expert too. :ROFLMAO:

sswilson

Staff member
yup not happy about this I have to do it every time even when I use the mobile app in stand-alone mode

On a positive note, it doesn't appear to be requiring it for browser access through the unifi account portal.

edit: Just to clarify.... It does appear to require it on the first attempt to access the portal from a new device, but so far it's a one time thing (and I'd be OK with it if it was something like a month between 2FA confirmations).

lowfat

Staff member
Imperial measurements.... WTF were they thinking? And WHY did I buy my tools this way. First thing I bought was the table saw and it was in imperial. So as a dumbass I just thought I'd continue that way. It makes me so mad. Impossible to get precise measurements. What makes it worse is that that a lot of the hardware you buy is in metric. If I draw a cabinet in CAD, everything is in decimal points. So I have to download a stupid woodworking calculator on my phone to convert. 19.4" = 19 13/32". Ridiculous..... :mad:

Bond007

Imperial measurements.... WTF were they thinking? And WHY did I buy my tools this way. First thing I bought was the table saw and it was in imperial. So as a dumbass I just thought I'd continue that way. It makes me so mad. Impossible to get precise measurements. What makes it worse is that that a lot of the hardware you buy is in metric. If I draw a cabinet in CAD, everything is in decimal points. So I have to download a stupid woodworking calculator on my phone to convert. 19.4" = 19 13/32". Ridiculous..... :mad:
ugh. As much as I still use a lot of imperial measurements, I also wish they would go away.

Latest posts