What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Soundbar for Desktop PC

Lysrin

I have Edifiers too, just bookshelf speakers though, no sound bar, but they sound great to my ears, even without a sub.

JD

Staff member
Do you have enough clear space to get proper imaging from 2 speakers? You'd want them pointed inwards towards your ears. I don't think any soundbar is going to sound great at such a close distance, but it really depends what you're looking for.

Maybe check out PreSonus? Might not be very "punchy" until you add their subwoofer, but it might offer better quality sound. Seems reasonably priced and they offer varying woofer sizes, so if you can fit something larger, it may negate the need for a sub.

I would always go with a sub though... I need that "oomph" to feel the game/movie/etc :)

Skippman

I've been considering getting an amp and using a pair of Mirage Omni-Sat speakers I have lying around. I worry the Edifiers will sound to flat to me since they're supposed to be monitors and not really enjoyment speakers. If they sound anything like the Audio Engine 2 speakers I had I'll probably hate them.

Bond007

I've been considering getting an amp and using a pair of Mirage Omni-Sat speakers I have lying around. I worry the Edifiers will sound to flat to me since they're supposed to be monitors and not really enjoyment speakers. If they sound anything like the Audio Engine 2 speakers I had I'll probably hate them.
I would be highly surprised if you managed to find a sound bar that does a better job than equivalently priced edifier bookshelf speakers. I have no first had experience with Audio Engine speakers though, so I won't comment on how edifier's would compare.

Skippman

I have a set of Mirage Omnitsat V2's and a 10" sub I've been considering using. I'd need some kind of two channel amp to drive them though. Was considering a 2 channel tube amp but I don't know if I'd really appreciate it with mostly streaming music. I have a set of Arctis Pro Wireless headphones I usually use when gaming.

dust0vich

I got one of these for my Micca OoO speakers. It has pretty good sound quality for the price and it doesn't take up much room on the desk. Amazon

Latest posts