What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Renewables and the environment.

Shadowmeph

Go figure, ghina just barely made the list!

I ask about the air in India from people that are working at my post, which I have met more people on work permits trying to get Canadian citizenship then anywhere else, also I don't blame them, we as Canadian are always complaining about the gov and the lack of things when we have it so easy. Every one of the Indian people mention they don't like going back to India . My self I doubt that I could live in any country with bad air quality, it's bad enough here in BC summer fire season but to live in a place that is normally like that yikes no thanks

LaughingCrow

Consumer Reports: We found unhealthy pesticide levels in 20% of US produce

The way the EPA assesses pesticide risk doesn’t reflect cutting-edge science

Consumer Reports senior scientist Michael Hansen

Pesticides posed significant risks in 20% of the foods we examined, including popular choices such as bell peppers, blueberries, green beans, potatoes and strawberries.

Pesticides presented little to worry about in nearly two-thirds of the foods, including nearly all of the organic ones. Also encouraging: the largest risks are caused by just a few pesticides, concentrated in a handful of foods, grown on a small fraction of US farmland

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...is-pesticide-safety-organic-fruits-vegetables

Shadowmeph

Consumer Reports: We found unhealthy pesticide levels in 20% of US produce

The way the EPA assesses pesticide risk doesn’t reflect cutting-edge science

Consumer Reports senior scientist Michael Hansen

Pesticides posed significant risks in 20% of the foods we examined, including popular choices such as bell peppers, blueberries, green beans, potatoes and strawberries.

Pesticides presented little to worry about in nearly two-thirds of the foods, including nearly all of the organic ones. Also encouraging: the largest risks are caused by just a few pesticides, concentrated in a handful of foods, grown on a small fraction of US farmland

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...is-pesticide-safety-organic-fruits-vegetables
most food in the US is bad there standards apparently are allot less the Canadian standards when it comes to safety especially meats Ian taste the difference between meat from the US and Canada many growth hormones in the meats and also like said insecticides in vegis fruits which also these animals feed on , even cheeses and milk to me tastes different

LaughingCrow

most food in the US is bad there standards apparently are allot less the Canadian standards when it comes to safety especially meats Ian taste the difference between meat from the US and Canada many growth hormones in the meats and also like said insecticides in vegis fruits which also these animals feed on , even cheeses and milk to me tastes different
Here's another related article on the specific items and why they can be risky... Ouch. Who to trust?

Example: 'Chlorpropham its typically sprayed on potatoes just before they are bagged, to keep them from sprouting.' Could also be transferred since other produce may be processed in the same facility.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/18/fruits-vegetables-most-pesticide-risk

GeezerGamer

My litany for over 35 years......the world is an over populated place

Now for some levity.......

What's the toughest part about eating a vegetable?

The wheelchair!

no offense

Latest posts