What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Recommendation on a new Mech keyboard

Lysrin

I'll just link you to some of @sswilson 's journey... in case you missed it @maritrunks :)

maritrunks

This Redragon one is on sale for a good price $71 so I'm going to give this one a shot. It's full-size (which I was looking for), brown switches and full metal construction so I'm going to give this a shot. Only disadvantage is that it is wired only, so no wireless options but that is fine for me since it'll be connected to my desktop 100% of the time.

maritrunks

This Redragon one is on sale for a good price $71 so I'm going to give this one a shot. It's full-size (which I was looking for), brown switches and full metal construction so I'm going to give this a shot. Only disadvantage is that it is wired only, so no wireless options but that is fine for me since it'll be connected to my desktop 100% of the time.

Finally got this keyboard and it is truely amazing. I love how buttery smooth the switches are (better than the RK84 imho) I also like the sound when bottoming out on the keypresses. It's 2.6lbs and full metal construction which is hard to beat at this price (Got it for $71.99 on sale). Highly recommend this keyboard, and this will be my daily driver until something happens to it.

Gman109

I wouldn't say I collect keyboards, but I do buy a lot of them. I have had a bunch of IBM "m" I got from a local college years ago, and a good few dozen various mechanicals, Ducky, Corsair, etc/usual suspects. Bloody's 975 optical with the clicky orange switch has been my go to for a couple years now, so much so that I have 4 of them (3 gaming systems in our home) as one had the cable fray and die due to it being moved around so much in its second duty as a HTPC KB.

I've been looking for a solid completely metal framed constructed board for a while, so I ordered one of the above Reddragons myself.

Question: anyone ever tried metal keycaps? I wouldn't mind having the Red Dragon KB with a metal body and metal caps. I just can't find any full sets of metal keycaps for under $300+. If anyone here knows a source for good metal caps in the 150ish range, I could swallow that.

Last edited:

Latest posts