What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Quiet Case with Good Airflow?

dannys95

Are there any recent cases that support an ATX mobo / 3090 but that are still fairly quiet / with good airflow? For reference I currently have a Hyte case which I love, but things are getting pretty toasty in there. I've always been a big fan of beQuiet and saw that the Shadow Base 800 was now out, but I'm not sure if that's the best one out there right now. I'd prefer something with air filters too if possible to maintain dust /cat hair out as much as is possible.

dannys95

I should add. I'm also thinking about replacing my AIO for a Noctua cooler - all airflow!

Cptn Vortex

The fractal Define/Meshify 7 or 7 Compact are excellent cases. I use them exclusively for the high end workstations I sell to clients of mine that want reliable, powerful, and quiet PCs. Meshify gets better airflow, but at the cost of less sound deadening.

FreeKnight

Generally it's one or the other. Noise dampening always comes at the cost of reducing airflow.

I'd do a quick scan of the Gamers' Nexus Youtube as they have sound reading charts in their reviews. Bequiet is still probably your best bet though.

Fractal has a couple options too.

crazyea

I use a fractal torrent, which by all means shouldnt be considered quiet, but I have the fan hub connected to my motherboard so it's inaudible the majority of the time. Only if I start to do something taxing does it start to get loud. But I'm ok with that.

moocow

Gamers Nexus got some good reviews for cases but they test the cases using the stock fans that came with it. If you plan on replacing the fans anyway, the test results may not apply.

You could check out hardware buster's fan review as well.

I'm using a Corsair 4000D but I changed all the fans to Arctic F12 for the case (2 in and 1 out) and 1 Arctic P12 for my old Nocuta cooler.

Izerous

Folding Team
One extra note sometimes the right fans + profiles make all the difference. Cheap fans don't have the same CFM/Static pressure as higher quality fans etc.

Latest posts