What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

I was wondering why the RAM fault for 20secs?

sherwind2010

oh.... Well I ordered other RAM... it does the same thing. so I ordered another motherboard. I guess I'm not alone here.

Bond007

It's all likely to do the exact same thing if its the same models. Some MOB brands are worse than others, but it is very much a ram capacity and MOB related time to do the process.

gingerbee

I do not think this is a problem, I think it's a feature, so I don't think there is anything to fix. its all ram training well, I think but could be wrong

Bond007

I agree gingerbee. It’s how the memory is meant to be on the platform. People complained at first, and MOB makers did make improvements to reduce the time, but it isn't a big deal. My PC sleeps 99% of time time (vice shutdown) anyway.

Last edited:

Bond007

So basically get a x3D and can't overclock anything, RAM or cpu... boo
Undervolt cpu a bit, and you can certainly tweak ram. 6000 easy for everyone, but you can try to get a bit faster. Timing tightening is the place to get your real memory gains on zen5 though. Quite a few resources on it.

So yes you can certainly play, but it’s different than it used to be. Instead of ram and cpu freq, it’s cpu voltage and ram timings to optimize performance.

sherwind2010

Any tips on tightening the timing on the ram? what do you lower first or not really a right or wrong way... Is it the same from DDR4 to DDR5? start lowering tCL? what testers do you guys use for testing ram?

DDR4 3600 was the sweet spot so DDR5 6000 I guess is the new sweet spot.

gingerbee

Can you not use the Ryzen RAM calculator for the 7000 series ???. if you can it can help you work out the timing, I haven't done it in a while but I would use Prime95.

Bond007

Any tips on tightening the timing on the ram? what do you lower first or not really a right or wrong way... Is it the same from DDR4 to DDR5? start lowering tCL? what testers do you guys use for testing ram?

DDR4 3600 was the sweet spot so DDR5 6000 I guess is the new sweet spot.
Yup. And with ddr5 the secondary and tertiary timings can make very large improvements overall (not just primary). I ended up following a buildzoid video for setting my ram timing. I did not end up doing custom tuning though...I loaded the sticks' profiles, then manually set voltages and timings per that guide. Step 1 is finding out what brand of memory chips are on your memory, as hynix and samsung are very different for timings.

Latest posts