What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Noctua NF-P12 Comment Thread

AkG

Hmmm, a nice new FDB fan sounds interesting! From the tech specs and white paper it looks like an improvement on Sony's tech. Looks like they added an additional magnet to help stabilize the fan when its off center. I think I'll have to pickup a few to see if they will replace my Scythe's. Thanks for the review Skymtl!

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Perfect timing. I was thinking about using these on my water cooling setup, and now it's settled. Silence and performance! Can't go wrong with that.

However the rest of my fans that came with my Antec 900 are still going to be loud....

Thanks for the great review!

MpG

Nicely done.

I've already seen a few reviews out there suggesting that the 1000rpm Ultra's were duds (the 2000 and 3000 rpm versions aren't bad though), but this really puts it in context. Heck, a single Noctua beat TWO Ultra's on the radiator.

How big of a difference was there between the Noctua and the YL? I've got 1200rpm YL's on the my PC, and they're the noisiest component, so I'd be interested in something that could quiet things down a little more without sacrificing airflow.

It'd be nice if Noctua tried making something that spun a little faster, maybe in the 1500-1600 rpm range.

enaberif

While this shows temperatures what I'd like to honestly see is a "Static Pressure" test and that would truly tell which one is better.

Shadowmeph

While this shows temperatures what I'd like to honestly see is a "Static Pressure" test and that would truly tell which one is better.
excuse my ignorance but what is static pressure? I never heard of that, do you mean inside a closed case like in a vacuume type idea?

I still think that i will stay with my Yates for now

enaberif

excuse my ignorance but what is static pressure? I never heard of that, do you mean inside a closed case like in a vacuume type idea?

I still think that i will stay with my Yates for now

Static pressure is what dictates the flow of air through smaller areas. If you have a fan with low static pressure it won't work well with coolers like tuniq, ultra 120 and the noctua due to the fins being so close together, but a low static pressure fan will work fan with say the ninja due to wider spaced fins.

You want a high static pressure fan with the above 3 coolers to allow air movement through the fins and still have enough movement to keep it cool. This is why sometimes you'll see people setup push/pull style for because the fans aren't moving enough air through the fins.

Shadowmeph

Static pressure is what dictates the flow of air through smaller areas. If you have a fan with low static pressure it won't work well with coolers like tuniq, ultra 120 and the noctua due to the fins being so close together, but a low static pressure fan will work fan with say the ninja due to wider spaced fins.

You want a high static pressure fan with the above 3 coolers to allow air movement through the fins and still have enough movement to keep it cool. This is why sometimes you'll see people setup push/pull style for because the fans aren't moving enough air through the fins.
oh ok that makes perfect sense now.

Latest posts