Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2019, 03:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Acrylic or PETG?

Since I noticed it in my own bends too, the 90 degree bends look a bit squished/stretched. I just ended up trying again and again until I managed to get them 'acceptable' to me, but even still, I'm not totally satisfied. Not really sure what the culprit is though. I want to say the ones that came out better were the ones that I left resting around the warm metal mandrel and letting it gradually cool off with the silicone insert still inside. I feel like the 'bad' ones were when I took out the silicone insert when it had only just cooled outside but the silicone was still warmish. Though I think the speed/force used while bending was part of it too.

Still a great transformation
Acrylic. And yea, it's not perfect but flow is still fine. I think in general it is because the bend is too tight. If I were to do it again, I'd practice spreading the heat to a good 3-4" section and try to slowly bend it all evenly. My bends were probably too concentrated in one area.

Once I got the desired bend, I went right to cool/warm water to set it in place. Then removed the silicone insert.

Corsair Obsidian 500D
Asus X99-E WS
i7-5820K @4.4GHZ
RTX 2070
4x4GB Corsair LPX 2666MHZ
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W GOLD
960GB ADATA SX8200 NVME
HP OMEN 32 1440p 75hz

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK Vector RTX2080 FC, EK Coolstream XT 220 Rad, MCR320 Rad, EK-XTOP SPC-60 Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res
Old March 8, 2019, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you guys think bending Acrylic or PETG tubing is bad, you should try bending Stainless steel instrumentation tubing :S

When I was an apprentice I thought I was pretty decent until I tried working with that stuff. Thin stuff kinks too easily and the thicker tubing feels like you're trying to bend a brick.

That being said, I'm always tempted to give it a try in a PC, but I'd have to know more about the actual copper used in in rads to make sure I wasn't just creating a massive galvanic corrosion problem.
Old March 14, 2019, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks good....the next thing to try out I suppose...the hard tube sure looks nice...tidy.....nice work!!

Firestrike Extreme: 23.772K
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17562471
Timespy: 18.613K
MARK 11: 40.185K
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/13079691

Old March 16, 2019, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You guys know there's bending math and measurements right? It's not just eye balling stuff. Also, if you leave one of the connection points a bit long it's easier to trim it down and make things look straight.

This is how electricians and plumbers do it at least. If you google some help videos for conduit and soft copper bending the theory is the same.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.