Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2019, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Zotac GPU's ?

Any Members have any input or opinions (based on experience ....prefer not from Internet surfing)...with regards to:
- Quality
-Customer Service (including RMA)
- Is there a Zotac Forum?

Also, does the addition of a Water Block void Warranty (I looked on there web site and didnt see anything about this....other than modding).

I have always purchased evga so looking for some feed back

Cheers

Firestrike Extreme: 23.772K
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17562471
Timespy: 18.613K
MARK 11: 40.185K
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/13079691

Old January 12, 2019, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ask the reviewers .
Old January 12, 2019, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
Ask the reviewers .

Yep they're here .....as are other Members that may have used a Zotac GPU.....

Old January 12, 2019, 08:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Support forum in english? Not that I am aware of.

Customer service about average in turn around time, but you dont end up with other peoples problems card like some companies ship out as 'replacements'. Sooo IMHO above average.

Quality? Very good to outstanding - like all companies it varies but overall is well above average. IMHO the Amp Extreme was one of the better/best 10-series cards available.

Water blocks? Last time I checked - and its been awhile - as long as you return it to factory condition BEFORE sending it back AND dont screw up a void sticker AND dont tell them about it when making an RMA (/whistle) they are OK with yanking the cooler and installing a block. Of course if the block causes problems (say you monkey the install, or it causes a VRM to overheat, etc etc) you are S.O.L. Kind of a... gray area if you know what I mean. Really depends on how honest a person you are (I am so I would never, ever recommend defrauding a company) ;)

Here is the wording from their warranty page that is pertinent:
Warranty claims will be void if the user:

· Tampers, defaces, or removes any stickers containing product identification information such as model number, serial number, or part number.

· Tampers, defaces, or removes any stickers indicating void warranty if broken.

· Causes defects through improper usage, failure to comply with operating instructions, inappropriate operating conditions, or unapproved repairs or modifications.

· Fails to return the product in the stock factory configuration or remove any aftermarket modifications.

· Causes defects through accidents, acts of God, acts of nature, negligence, liquid immersion, or improper ventilation.

· Knowingly and willingly attempt to defraud the validity of a claim.

IMHO Zotac is at the top of my list when I go to buy a card. But like all things it comes down to the build on which way I go.
YMMV

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 12, 2019, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks AkG ....I read all that Warranty RMA policy stuff and did kinda read between the lines with regards to installing a WB..(wasnt sure if I had missed something).....Ive installed many WB's and have also removed them and re-installed the stock cooler...so all good there...
Thanks for your feedback regarding the quality of the GPU sounds good... appreciate it!!

Didnt see any Forum for there product line.....just a fb page.....I do know they have been around for awhile...just havent tried there product...yet...

Old January 12, 2019, 08:32 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Any time. Honestly out of all the companies that I have used the Zotac cards always impressed me with their overall value the most. NOT saying they are perfect (always room for improvement) but they make good kit at a good price.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 12, 2019, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had a great experience with my GTX570 when it failed. They could only give me a non-reference PCB 570, so I told them due to my water block I'd like to upgrade to a 580. They sent me an invoice (difference of the two cards) and I got a new 580 in under a week.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old January 12, 2019, 10:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've been happy with the Zotac cards I've owned, and the one RMA I had to do the depot was in Richmond, BC so a quick turnaround for those of us on the West Coast.
Old January 12, 2019, 10:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thats great news guys....I dont know why Ive always stuck to evga...probably habit and the Customer Support I suppose.....but now I see there stock is always dwindling or simply non existant.....Im entertaining the Zotac 2080Ti (EK has Block support as its a reference PCB)...its also the lowest price...if the evga Cards are ever available Im pretty sure they'll be $200 more than the Zotac......
...we'll see...I want my SLi.....really hoping a surprise sale price maybe drop down to $1299 or something.......we'll see....if it doesnt come down a few hundred I'll wait....

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...9SIADGE8353721

...again thanks guys....git exactly the info I wanted from the right sources as usual

Old January 12, 2019, 11:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The only thing I'd say to be wary of on Zotac's cards is that some of them are massive. Bigger than ROG or even kingpin cards. It's not a bad thing necessarily, and it's usually just massive coolers and shrouds (which helped their 1080Ti AMP Extreme perform so well), but it's just worth keeping in mind to check if there's any possibility you have space constraints.

Of course since you're looking at a 2080Ti and watercooling it's probably not much of a concern either because
A) it'll be on a waterblcok
B) Every damn 2080Ti is massive.