Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2019, 10:51 AM
Rookie

Default Aorus z390 pro wifi BSOD

So ive been getting random BSOD atidag is the error. when playing battlefield V. AND when i say random i mean once a week, gradually went south with frequency.
reinstalled windows no more bsod.
tried rendering with power director pro (cpu rendering only) one out of 20 videos finish the other 19 same BSOD ati dag.
tested 3 video cards being atidag i figure its video card. NOPE same error.
install need for speed 4 BSOD install world war z BSOD EVERY TIME.
TEST 4 DIFFERENT MEMORY STICK same result. reinstalled windows again , same result,
swapped m.2 ssds and reinstalled ... same result.
any ideas
Old May 26, 2019, 03:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Power supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofparts View Post
So ive been getting random BSOD atidag is the error. when playing battlefield V. AND when i say random i mean once a week, gradually went south with frequency.
reinstalled windows no more bsod.
tried rendering with power director pro (cpu rendering only) one out of 20 videos finish the other 19 same BSOD ati dag.
tested 3 video cards being atidag i figure its video card. NOPE same error.
install need for speed 4 BSOD install world war z BSOD EVERY TIME.
TEST 4 DIFFERENT MEMORY STICK same result. reinstalled windows again , same result,
swapped m.2 ssds and reinstalled ... same result.
any ideas
Old May 26, 2019, 08:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGardiner View Post
Power supply?

Agree, this is the next logical step. You've replaced everything else that is easy to replace. If you're overclocked, I would remove that for testing as well.

If its not that, its a major component, mobo or CPU
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 26, 2019, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If it's not a component I'd suspect you've got a BIOS/OC issue.

In your Bios you should have a 'return to defaults' option or something like that. I'd give that a try and see if you're still having issues. If you've gotten no issues in a week, try enabling XMP next and then tweaking timings and OC if XMP is stable for a week.
Old May 26, 2019, 08:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
If it's not a component I'd suspect you've got a BIOS/OC issue.

In your Bios you should have a 'return to defaults' option or something like that. I'd give that a try and see if you're still having issues. If you've gotten no issues in a week, try enabling XMP next and then tweaking timings and OC if XMP is stable for a week.

I keep forgetting how bad RAM is with current generations of processors. If OP has a Ryzen, it could be all kinds of issues.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 26, 2019, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I keep forgetting how bad RAM is with current generations of processors. If OP has a Ryzen, it could be all kinds of issues.
Yep, tbh even with intel there's always a good chance RAM or timings could be the cause of seemingly random crashes.
Old May 26, 2019, 09:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The only other thing I can think of is to ensure that you're not loading up any third party programs in the background that may be interfacing with the graphics card/drivers. (including monitoring software).
Dell G3 - i5 8300H / HP EX920 512GB NVME / 2X8GB HyperX Impact / 1TB SSHD / GTX 1050ti / N156HHE-GA1 120HZ Screen
Old May 26, 2019, 01:46 PM
Rookie

yes flashed bios in case so recenly got my hands an gigabyte z370 gaming 5 swapped all parts no issue
didnt even reinstal windows lol
Old July 9, 2019, 11:52 AM
Rookie

SOOOO.... fast forward to today and gigabyte now has this board in their possession for nearly 15 days and cannot reproduce the BSOD however they have tested it with a free ware program simular to
power director pro that does not reproduce the BSOD SO GOOD FOR THEM. then i have a phone call from them and at the end of the conversation he says theres scrates on the motherboard and they
send me a grainy picture you cannot tell what it is your looking at which proves nothing really other then they possibly damaged the board? hour passes another apparent manager calls and we go
through it all over again for almost an hour so he ends up saying ill look into it and let you know tomorrow CLICK!
not sure whats happening here maybe everyone down there tired from their long weekend? idk but im seriously considering dumping all my gigabyte gear due to this experience as they clearly do not value customers.
Old July 11, 2019, 09:39 PM
Rookie

Looks like their repairing the board website says no replacement repair only WHA?>