Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default issues with laptop waking up anyone else having this issue?

I am wondering is anyone else is having this issue and if the solved it
for the last couple of days my laptop when it wakes up only shows a black screen I have to hard restart.

At first I thought it was this laptop but I didn't want to contact the person I bought it from and tell them the laptop has issues so I was going to check into it today. this morning I received a call from my mother having the exact same issue I went over there and even though here laptop is win 10 and mine is win 8.1 the issue is the same. I looked at the latest updates and didn't see anything like drivers just security updates so I am not sure what is going on .
on line there is posts from 2015 of people using win 10 and it ended up being driver issue but I don't see any drivers updated on my system or my mother system also I never just let my system update with out my permission.
Old February 23, 2019, 03:56 PM
Allstar

I have a HP dv6 that I did a clean install of win 10 pro recently ... it's a AMD 3410M BTW.
It had a hdd and it ran really slow so I swapped it out for an ssd for the fresh install.
All was good until a windows update and the screen went black a few weeks ago ... even on restart no screen. I reinstalled windows and it worked fine again but same thing happened after the update.

I decided to install Linux Mint 19 XFCE and so with it all updated it's still good however, if I close the screen and it goes to sleep, the screen goes black when it wakes and I need to do a restart to get the screen back. In my case I found a work around by changing the settings to do nothing when I close the screen and then when I want it to sleep I do it manually. It wakes up every time this way.

After some googling I did find that by replacing the video driver it would resolve the issue but so far I just put it to sleep manually.
Old February 23, 2019, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm I wished I knew which update was doing this because I would remove it
Old February 24, 2019, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The sleep bug affects desktop computers too. Disable hibernation and see if the problem persists.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old March 18, 2019, 07:45 AM
Trial Member

Maybe the best way is to reinstall your Windows. Who knows, by reinstalling your PC it can run normally again.