Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2019, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

Default Strange shurdown then no power

Yesterday I was shutting down my PC and all of a sudden everything powered off meaning no status LEDs on motherboard or on GPU. I tried to start it up again but nothing happened. I unplugged the power supply and tried again but nothing. All this happened after I was using my new Corsair RGB mouse and keyboard but everything worked as it should at that time. I thought maybe the mouse/keyboard caused it. I plugged in my old wireless mouse/keyboard and tried again. I turned on the PSU and all status LED's came on. The PC started up but now my RGB lighting on the Evolv X was not being recognized in AURA. I thought maybe the RGB controller got fried or something. I left everything as it was getting late and today I started up the PC with the new keyboard/mouse and everything seems to be working. I never experienced anything like this before so I don't know what the cause could of been. This is a brand new build too. Any ideas?
Old February 14, 2019, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How new a build? Not familiar w/what might cause the RGB problem but I would try reseat your ram as a first step. Good you have a backup mouse and kybrd. I'd stick w/the Corsair & monitor if it happens again ... If so HC pro's will definitely have more experience/be able to help. Personally I'd rather deal w/a hardware problem vs. a software issue. As long as it's not intermittent like from ESD or something. Oddballs are a b*tch. One additional thought, do you use a UPS?
Old February 14, 2019, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

possible MB probel any smioke smells or did you hear an sounds crackling whining or other high pitched sound , popping when you powered on the PC when it did this?
Old February 14, 2019, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Specs of the build? PSU etc.

Corsair Obsidian 500D
Asus X99-E WS
i7-5820K @4.2GHZ
RTX 2070
4x4GB Corsair LPX 2666MHZ
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W GOLD
960GB ADATA SX8200 NVME
HP OMEN 32 1440p 75hz

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK Vector RTX2080 FC, EK Coolstream XT 220 Rad, MCR320 Rad, EK-XTOP SPC-60 Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res
Old February 15, 2019, 01:59 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac29 View Post
How new a build? Not familiar w/what might cause the RGB problem but I would try reseat your ram as a first step. Good you have a backup mouse and kybrd. I'd stick w/the Corsair & monitor if it happens again ... If so HC pro's will definitely have more experience/be able to help. Personally I'd rather deal w/a hardware problem vs. a software issue. As long as it's not intermittent like from ESD or something. Oddballs are a b*tch. One additional thought, do you use a UPS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
possible MB probel any smioke smells or did you hear an sounds crackling whining or other high pitched sound , popping when you powered on the PC when it did this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Specs of the build? PSU etc.

This build is one month old. It hasn't happened again so maybe it was some glitch. Yes the system is on a UPS. I didn't get any power failure alarms on that either. I contacted Seasonic and they basically said just keep an eye on it. The PSU have safety shutdowns built in if it doesn't like something. There was no smell of smoke or any kind of noise.

The specs:
ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
i9 9900K
G.Skill TrindentZ RGB 32GB
ASUS Strix 2080 Ti OC
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Old February 15, 2019, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

rouge mouse driver messed with MB firmware, have you tried resetting bios

seen this with china sata controller
Old February 18, 2019, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect

I updated the mobo bios and firmware on the moue and keyboard. This was a one time thing so I can't seem to duplicate it. Everything is working.