Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2019, 10:16 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougTheSlug View Post
Everything looks normal inside the printer. The pages appear typically spaced, no overlap etc. The pages are feeding as expected. I'm just under the assumption that the printer doesn't realize it's fed the page and so keeps perfectly feeding page after page until a timeout occurs and it erroneously complains of a jam.

So do you or a friend/colleague have the technical ability to determine the device that detects a feed?

Are the innards of the printer very dusty?

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but there doesn't seem to be much freely available service info out there.
Old February 3, 2019, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

Well, since I have xerox 24lb, I purchased and tried HP 20lb and hammermill 28lb. Same results with either of those. Spits out multiple pages before halting on a "jam".
For good measure, I tried cleaning the fuser rollers with qtip + rubbing alcohol but that didn't trigger any change in behaviour either.

Now, Samsung apparently doesn't do printers anymore and offloaded to HP. When I tried getting into HPs support, they kept sending me in circles, or dead ending saying that my serial+model number doesn't exist. And yes, HP even had a sample picture of a Samsung product sticker to indicate exactly what to fill in. Samsung+HP support seems to be pretty useless at this time.

Any ideas where I can try laser printer repair in coquitlam? I've sent a web based support inquiry to canada computers (since they took over the NCIX location I used in coquitlam) to see if they even support this kind of thing.

To be honest, I'm torn on sunk cost fallacy with respect to repairs:
- Within the past year I've replaced all 4 toners with high yield cartridges at a cost of over 600$, and all those toners still have 90%+
- Try and find a replacement that can use the toner. (I haven't found anything yet) This toner cart is for the 615, 620, 670, 6220, 6250 models.
- Buy a whole new printer...

Now, I see that staples.ca lists CLP-680ND for 439, but since Samsung has sold their printer division to HP, I don't know if I should be buying a samsung printer anymore.
HP's site has a laserjet pro model M452dn for 500 but I can't find this locally (canada computer doesn't list it, best buy no stock anywhere and 100$ more...)
Old February 3, 2019, 01:34 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
So do you or a friend/colleague have the technical ability to determine the device that detects a feed?

Are the innards of the printer very dusty?

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but there doesn't seem to be much freely available service info out there.
Didn't see this reply since it was on page 2 until I replied myself... oops

I don't know anyone with laser printer repair expertise. I'm going off as much visual as I can see. As per the previous post I just made, I've tried cleaning the fuser roller since it looked a bit dirty on the edges

Insides don't look that dusty. transfer belt looks clean for example, and I'd expect it to look dirty since it's a shiny surface.

As for service info, I can't find much myself. Official docs talk about contacting official support, but my previous post talks about how much of a failure that ended up being.
Old February 4, 2019, 02:05 AM
Allstar

I'm wondering if this one is close enough to provide some insight...?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13...nd.html#manual

If it is, maybe the PTB unit is causing the problem....

You've already tried all the paper tricks ....right?

It's interesting that in this partial it states on page one the printer is expected to last 200,000 prints or five years....not to say that it's not worth fixing if it can be done economically.....

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...Clp-620nd.html

and then there's the pay option....

https://www.anyservicemanuals.com/do...p-670nd-sm-pg/