Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2018, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default not one of my USB drives show up

strangest thing happened I was transferring files to a usb thumb drive then it froze I let it be for a while like 20 minutes then my whole system froze ended up having to do a hard reboot everything seemed fine I plugged in the usb drive and it didnt show up, thinking that I muist have did something to it I tried a different thuimb drive same thing all of my thumb drives dont show up not even in the disk management same goes foer my laptop thumb drives dont show up well ok one did said it was i drive but no media I can even format the thumb drive it says 0 bytes
Old October 18, 2018, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
strangest thing happened I was transferring files to a usb thumb drive then it froze I let it be for a while like 20 minutes then my whole system froze ended up having to do a hard reboot everything seemed fine I plugged in the usb drive and it didnt show up, thinking that I muist have did something to it I tried a different thuimb drive same thing all of my thumb drives dont show up not even in the disk management same goes foer my laptop thumb drives dont show up well ok one did said it was i drive but no media I can even format the thumb drive it says 0 bytes
Does any USB device work? Or just the thumb drives are broken?
Old October 18, 2018, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the thumb drive every thing else works
Old October 18, 2018, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am wondering if it is just coincidence because I actually would one usb drive that has win10 installation files on it and it seems to work maybe all the drives are toast they are a few years old
Old October 18, 2018, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try reinstalling the latest USB 3 drivers for your MB. I've had weird driver issues before with certain devices not showing up if there's a problem with the drivers after a Windows 10 update. Perhaps there was a driver issue after the crash and it reverted to default Windows drives that aren't reading media correctly?
Old October 18, 2018, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup sounds like a drivers issues with your 3.0 here's to hoping