Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2018, 10:21 PM
MVP

Default Fresh windows 7 install, getting error message

Just installed Windows 7, I have an Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard. I'm getting an error message on startup. I've attached a screenshot of the error. How do I figure out what this is, and how do I fix it? I've installed a bunch of windows updates including service pack 1, still getting the error.
Attached Images

Old April 1, 2018, 10:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd pull the Logitech Gaming Software off and see if it goes away. (That's what Lcore.exe is)
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 2, 2018, 03:20 AM
MVP

My System Specs

that looks like you have something on startup that requires a C++ redistributable. From googling quick it looks like you need the 2012 runtime

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down....aspx?id=30679

Since it's a clean system, it would make sense if the runtime is just not installed yet, but the installer that needs it, whatever it is should install as a prereq.

Here's a handy link that has all the C++ runtimes though

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...al-c-downloads
Old April 2, 2018, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

]
Additional details about msvcr110.dll. msvcr110.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ and is often required for running programs developed with Visual C++. Some games or applications may need the file in the game/application installation folder.
Old April 2, 2018, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hate that error I used to get it all of the time doing that cmd prompt check .dlls but if I do remember correctly like KaptCrunch above said it is part of the C++ Visual. and if I remember correctly I ended up downloading and installing that as a last resort which fixed it. but I used to go through that with my main PC never had a problem with any other PCs or laptops just this one for some reason it was even the same windows 7 of course I used a different number to activate it.
Old April 2, 2018, 01:37 PM
MVP

Thanks a bunch guys, that fixed my issue.

I'm just about done installing all of my programs and updates, but I have two windows updates which continue to fail on me. I've tried some of the trouble shooting tips Windows has suggested, but it isn't working so far.

Any thoughts on this one?
Attached Images

Old April 2, 2018, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

post report here

other check folders for double folders .......folder in folder same name
Old April 2, 2018, 03:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You only want 1 of those updates - either grab the 2018-03 Preview, this will superseed the 2018-02, or grab the 2018-02 and wait for the final 2018-03.

If it still fails, try downloading and installing manually: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...aspx?q=4074598
Old April 2, 2018, 06:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The 2018-03 final update already out for weeks now. Though if you read the MS docs, I'm not sure if it's OS specific, but I know one of the March patches has a known issue documented where it falsely reports that the install failed according to MS....the last few months of rollups seem to have been especially bad....

@OP, what updates did install successfully? Might already have an update installed that supersedes those. If we could see the history we could say for sure if those last 2 are stuck in limbo or not
Old April 2, 2018, 06:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouis1 View Post
The 2018-03 final update already out for weeks now.
Opps...what month is it?

Might as well hold out until next Tuesday at this point.