Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2018, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Default Oculus headset stopped detecting HDMI connection PLEASE HELP!

I'm not exactly sure if anyone here knows how to troubleshoot Oculus rift but i guess i can try out my luck and hopefully i'll get some answers. I tried posting on the offical Oculus rift forums but havent been getting any replies. So far i've tried to unpluging HDMI and plugging it back in, restarting pc several times, reinstalling Oculus, updated it, although the weird part about the update is that it wont even update because as soon as app relaunches it says it needs update again, tried updating several times but still nothing. I've also tried doing a full setup but cannot proceed further than this page https://puu.sh/z3dlT/690155f9a5.png because it wouldn't detect headset, then i get endless pop ups telling me it needs to be updated https://puu.sh/z3dXU/346a84006d.png I also tried updating graphics driver

I literally spent the entire day trying to find a fix, so i hope someone can brighten my day for me by helping me

PS: at times when im lucky after some time messing around with it'll manage to connect for a second but then disconnects again
Old January 16, 2018, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

save your cash and return for credit for no support of Bluetooth firmware update

sounds that is the issue flaky blue tooth drivers

Oculus site sure not helpful seems more hype then support

whoa what rift you have DK1 OR DK2

Updating the DK2 Headset Firmware
Although the DK2 headset ships with firmware version 2.10, it must be updated to the latest firmware version.
To update the firmware:
Connect your DK2 and make sure that it shows up as connected in the Oculus Configuration Utility
Select Tools > Advanced > Update Firmware...
You are prompted to select a file.
Select a file (e.g., Firmware/DK2/DK2Firmware_2_12.ovrf).
The firmware begins updating.
After the update finishes, shut down and restart the Oculus Configuration Utility.
The update is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffOculus
The consumer Rift software has the same requirements. If it doesn't work now, it probably will continue not working.
try the correct firmware for your hardware

Last edited by KaptCrunch; January 16, 2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old January 16, 2018, 11:29 PM
Rookie

Unfortuntely updating isn't solving the problem, it seems to be a little more technical
Old January 17, 2018, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect

I've done plenty of Oculus headset troubleshooting so i may have some insight regarding this (i work in the QA industry).

We've had some PCs that have shared similar issues. In most cases, our base Windows image was lacking the proper USB driver update to match our motherboard causing similar problems to what you've been seeing with your first screenshot.

I recommend updating your Mobo Bios and any USB drivers to ensure windows can accurately acknowledge the hardware being attached.

It's also worth noting that if you use windows 7 - there are two specific windows updates that are required for Oculus installation (can't recall the specific KBXXXXXX labels)

Out of curiosity, try tieing the hardware to your USB 2.0 slots (it should work, however it reduces tracking capabilities and it will be apparent by comparison)
Old January 17, 2018, 03:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Could be the cord that connects inside the headset
Old January 17, 2018, 09:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericllama View Post
I've done plenty of Oculus headset troubleshooting so i may have some insight regarding this (i work in the QA industry).

We've had some PCs that have shared similar issues. In most cases, our base Windows image was lacking the proper USB driver update to match our motherboard causing similar problems to what you've been seeing with your first screenshot.

I recommend updating your Mobo Bios and any USB drivers to ensure windows can accurately acknowledge the hardware being attached.

It's also worth noting that if you use windows 7 - there are two specific windows updates that are required for Oculus installation (can't recall the specific KBXXXXXX labels)

Out of curiosity, try tieing the hardware to your USB 2.0 slots (it should work, however it reduces tracking capabilities and it will be apparent by comparison)

Have you tried to disconnect the headset, and plugging it in to a different usb slot? Unplug the head set, wait 30 seconds, then try a different usb port. This will force windows to search for the new hardware and install the drivers. Then look at the connected devices, see if it's listed there. If not, it might be a head set cable issue or defective head set. Try another cable, if it starts working then you had a bad cable. If it doesn't work, and it's not showing up in the connected devices after changing the cable, then you have a bad head set.
Old January 19, 2018, 01:37 AM
Rookie

I've managed to fix the problem, turns out to be a lot less technical than i initially thought, all i had to do was go to "start task manager> process> click on OVRServer_x64 and end process" this'll restart oculus

Thank you all for trying to help and i hope one day this'll help someone too