Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2016, 09:41 AM
Top Prospect

Alrighty. Looks like I have to find a cheap set of DDR4 RAM. I had 4x4GB of Kingston Predator 1866 and it worked on my UD4 board no problem. Ive felt so gutted the last 24 hours that I hope its not the board.
Old May 27, 2016, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

i'd check the cpu socket for misaligned pins and check all ram slots connectors

are sprung and not flatten
Old May 28, 2016, 04:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
i'd check the cpu socket for misaligned pins and check all ram slots connectors

are sprung and not flatten
I checked the CPU socket thoroughly and didnt find any bent pins. Ill look into the ram slot connectors next.

In the meantime, Im going to try and source a cheap ram kit to see if it posts with four sticks.
Old June 5, 2016, 05:21 PM
Top Prospect

I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd ask for help here.

I finally got my build together and tried to run Heaven and Valley to start overclockin the cards and I get a BSOD every time I try to open either of them. What could be the cause of that? My RAM issue still hasn't been solved. I've noticed the whole system seems a tiny bit laggy than normal. I ran a system file check and it came back with corrupted files, but it couldn't find a fix for them. Should I do a fresh install of Windows and start from scratch again?

GPU 1 is showing rarely any usage in Afterburner. GPU 2 is the one carrying all the load. I thought maybe I fried the card with the leak I had in my loop, but the leak was in GPU 2 spot not GPU1, so I don't know whats going on. Crossfire is enabled in Crimson, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've reinstalled AMD drivers 3 or 4 times already.

Last edited by BabylonDown; June 5, 2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old June 6, 2016, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

BSOD in a 3D app usually means the video memory has an issue. Remove one card and test them one by one.
Old June 6, 2016, 05:07 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
BSOD in a 3D app usually means the video memory has an issue. Remove one card and test them one by one.
Well, I tore apart my loop, fresh installed Windows 7 and reinstalled the old coolers and tested both cards. Both cards work perfectly fine on there own.

I think I've experienced more problems with this new build than all the builds I've ever done combined. It makes me want to quit this hobby. lol

Any other suggesstions? I tried downloading the latest hotfix drivers from AMD, but it says it cannot detect the hardware, so I'm stuck with the up to date non-hotfix drivers.

sfc_scannow still brings up corrupted files, but cannot fix them.

I'm starting to lose hope...