Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2016, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Steamguard issues

Well we're to start lol I got off work got home noticed my phone was missing which had mobile authenticator on it for steam I look everywhere for it call it drive back to work its gone.

So I use Android device manager to locate I see it moving I force ringer on nothing I call bell tell em it was stolen they lock it wipe it.

I try login steam with passwords I remember no luck try reset pass can't without steamguard code. I don't get the emails for it only recovery wich doesn't work. I try support again pass isnt working I reset it write it down invalid. Really wish valve had live support they aren't poor or struggling.
Old January 31, 2016, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

make a ticket just have your printed invoices handy or screen shot of bill with trans action #'s

I keep all of mine on a flash for this reason
Old January 31, 2016, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

dude I hear ya... when something goes really wrong contacting steam is impossible. Frankly I think it should be illegal considering how much money people invest into this gaming platform.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old February 2, 2016, 08:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yeah i made a ticket gave them my last 4 digits of my creidt card, my phone number, my full address, no reply yet, i havent applied for the beta opt in so that solution wont work for me, im just preying it doesnt auto log me out before they answer. i made the ticket on Jan 30th, id think theyd have least a few ppl to help out if not live support somethin, hope it doesnt go unanswered for months, if it isnt ill just bite bullet and logout try through that way. but id rather have there help.
Old February 2, 2016, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This is not meant to be a cheeky response but might help you know where to look. Do you have your Steamguard recovery code? It would have been shown to you when you enabled Steamguard via the mobile app. Mine says "You will need this code to recover your Steam account if you lose your phone. You will not be able to view it again after this step so please write it down now. Do not share it with anyone."

If you have that then I believe you can recover without the phone.
Old February 2, 2016, 10:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
This is not meant to be a cheeky response but might help you know where to look. Do you have your Steamguard recovery code? It would have been shown to you when you enabled Steamguard via the mobile app. Mine says "You will need this code to recover your Steam account if you lose your phone. You will not be able to view it again after this step so please write it down now. Do not share it with anyone."

If you have that then I believe you can recover without the phone.
A good tip to anyone using these mobile authenticator solutions. Battle.net and Google do the same too. Always write down your recovery codes!
Old February 2, 2016, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
A good tip to anyone using these mobile authenticator solutions. Battle.net and Google do the same too. Always write down your recovery codes!
Thanks JD, and I really wasn't trying to put salt in the wound Shadowarez! But I thought that if you knew what the code was called then perhaps you could search for it or recognize it when you found it? Mine is a 6 character code that starts with R if that helps.
Old February 2, 2016, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i took a screenshot of it on old phone dont see why it didnt make it to dropbox i thought it was safe lol i hadnt lost my phone for 4 years, then i pay the bill and the very next day it vanishes, first time in 4 years >< then it gets wiped, i should take this as a sign and keep those in multiple places ill i do other files, and no worrys Lysrin i didnt know why i was getting recovery codes but not the steamguard codes i was looking for, its liek it was sending half the needed info and forgot the other half,
Old February 2, 2016, 11:34 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Folks need to learn that Steam gives absolutely, positively no shits about you, your account or offering adequate service to their customers. It truly is a joke.

Meanwhile with UPlay or E freaking A's Origin I can pick up the phone or use Live Support and I'll typically have an answer AND resolution in an hour or less.

As for your issue, why don't you have a reset sent to you main email address? Typically you can have the SG code send there as well.

If that doesn't work, I would contact customer support and be prepared to wait for the better part of two months.
Old February 3, 2016, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i have tried theres no option i can see to have the SG code sent it only seems to allow reset if you have that sg code, itll gladly send the recovery code but not sg code, plus cant seem to find a button anywere to request the sg code,