Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2016, 10:55 AM
Top Prospect

Default Dazmode LED. How To Dim Without Fan Controller?

Hey guys,

I have a Dazmode dimmable LED strip and I'm trying to get it to dim via Gigabytes fan control software, but I am unable to change it's brightness because the software does not detect a fan curve. I cant seem to get it to work with Speedfan either. Currently the LED strip is connected to the motherboards fan header via 3 pin connection and it is not emitting anything at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions on how to dim it without a dedicated fan controller?

Thanks!
Old January 29, 2016, 07:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

At the very least you should be able to get it to full brightness by using the BIOS to set that particular fan header to manual or "full".

The Gigabyte fan controllers can be strange. I found the GA-Z97X-SOC to be really weird, where SpeedFan only can control certain Sys FAN headers via software. I think out of the five Sys Fan headers only 1,2,3 were addressable via SpeedFan. The developer of SpeedFan even said that Gigabyte's chip is not "open source" and they haven't published full specs on it.

Otherwise I'd just get a fan controller like a Grid+ which is a pretty cheap but useful fan controller from NZXT. The Grid+ V2 even has single fan header controls so you could theoretically set that particular header to a different level than all the others.

I know you said that you don't want a fan controller, but that's what you get for buying a Gigabyte Motherboard haha.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732