Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 23, 2015, 02:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Installing fans for H240x Swiftech

Hey guys need some help locating the proper screws I need to properly attaching 2x Noctua 120mm fans to top of swiftech H240x and one underneath. At the moment the are just sitting above the Rad in my Cosmos II.

Time for a rebuild I have a H320 I was never able to it came with wrong screws for 2011 socket but my H240x has right ones might just swap it out for older cooler. But I'll need right length to get this setup right.

Any help from the wc guys would be greatly appreciated seeing as you guys have a billion more things to screw in and attach manage.
Old August 23, 2015, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I wouldnt bother with the fan underneath, Im running mine in a pull config and its working great. Not sure where you would get the additional screws, but if you want I could pack up 8 of the longer screws that came with mine and send em off to you. I have a few extras from when I RMA'd my unit.

They way I set mine up was using smaller screws to attach the fans to the rad, then used the larger screws for case fans to get it attached to the case.
Old August 23, 2015, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'll take some pics iv got decent Temps but the old ocd kicks in and I gota get it done right urkes me lol that it isn't set perfectly.
Old August 23, 2015, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
I'll take some pics iv got decent Temps but the old ocd kicks in and I gota get it done right urkes me lol that it isn't set perfectly.
lol that OCD is a killer isn't it ? lol
same with me
Old August 23, 2015, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah at same time I need to order smaller zip ties staples here only carrys the massive multicoloured ones which is fine for some cables. But I need smaller thinner ones for fan cables.
Old August 23, 2015, 09:47 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
Yeah at same time I need to order smaller zip ties staples here only carrys the massive multicoloured ones which is fine for some cables. But I need smaller thinner ones for fan cables.
If you want I can give you some of my clear zipties. Dimensions are 3 mm X 150 mm. I have a lot of spare. I bought them 2 years ago and have yet to use them all lol. Let me know if interested.
Old August 23, 2015, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ty that'll be handy it's that time of year winters coming and id like to know rig is snug everywhere possible.
Old August 24, 2015, 02:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

6 inch 10-32 screws all threaded with head cut-off , when saw or dremel place a nut on so after you can pass over cutted end to clear the bur's

foam and 4 x 10-32 stud's with 3 nuts per stud

you can leave the excess on to mount on case or cut-off an mount other side caution on screws lengths not to hit rad tube's
Attached Images

Old August 24, 2015, 05:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ty I'll start looking around for these so I can snug things up properly.
Old August 24, 2015, 05:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Found this site these look long enough can saw off what don't need.https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/27603