Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2015, 08:34 PM
Trial Member

Default Schematic of the PC P&C SILENCER 910W (PPCS910) needed

I have a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 910 (PPCS910) power supply and a component is missing on the back side of the pcb.

This missing component is the first one on the right side of the Q316 transistor.

To help you find the missing component I included the links of 2 photos I took of the back side of the Silencer 910 pcb:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B53beaGGMEUgeUFfUFhxSGk...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B53b...p=docslist_api

The first photo allow you see the side of the pcb from where to look for the missing component.

On the center of this photo we see a sÚries of 4 square IC one above the other and transistor Q316 is on the right side of the lowest of these 4 integrated circuits right on the edge of the pcb.

The second photo is a much closer view of Q316 where we can clearly see that Q316 is on the right side of the 4 vertically aligned IC right between 2 components.

The component of the left side seems to be a capacitor while the component on the right side is the missing component for which I need to know the type of component and the value of this component.

Unfortunately, PC P&C has been bought by OCZ and OCZ has been bought by FirePower Technology and this bunch of morrons are claiming that they can't provide the schematic because they're bound by a Non Disclosure Agreerment while they can't provide the service manual neither because they don't have it...

So, I hope that somebody will be able to help me solve this problem so I can finish to repair my power supply.

By the way, this psu seems to apparantly be identical to the Seasonic M12D psu but a close look at the back of both pcb allows to see countless differences. For instance, the component on the left and right side of Q316 are capacitors on the PC P&C SILENCER 910 while they are resistors on the Seasonic M12D psu, so, we can't rely on the M12D psu to identify the missing component of the PC P&C Silencer 910.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Chris
Old May 11, 2015, 02:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Psu's are pretty cheap these could be easier to buy a well established brand and use that one to tinker with or repair when parts permit or find the schematic you're looking for.
Old May 11, 2015, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do not recall the linking rules off the top of my head, but people on the jonnyguru forum might be able to lend a hand.
Being realistic though, if this thing went pop and it is already five or six years old.... Not everybody will be suggesting a repair, I would imagine. It really is vital to every single other component in a PC.

*shrug* No harm in asking about PSU repair.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
I do not recall the linking rules off the top of my head, but people on the jonnyguru forum might be able to lend a hand.
Being realistic though, if this thing went pop and it is already five or six years old.... Not everybody will be suggesting a repair, I would imagine. It really is vital to every single other component in a PC.

*shrug* No harm in asking about PSU repair.
We don't have any objections to members posting links to other websites so long as it's not an attempt to bring a foreign fight to our shores, or an obvious attempt as spam to drive traffic to the other website.

The only time we get snarly is when links are posted of reviews from other websites which have been posted before our NDA is up. ;)
Dell G3 - i5 8300H / HP EX920 512GB NVME / 2X8GB HyperX Impact / 1TB SSHD / GTX 1050ti / N156HHE-GA1 120HZ Screen
Old May 23, 2015, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

says no file can't see ithinks their tantalum capacitors

can you take a pic
Attached Images