Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2014, 05:10 AM
Trial Member

Default 780 ti prevents video output on win7. (ASUS mobo)

Build:

i7-4790k
ASUS Z97-Pro AC
2x Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB
Cooler Master Seidon 240M
Cooler Master V700 PSU
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
250 GB Samsung Evo SSD
1TB WD Black HDD
Pioneer BDR
Windows 7 Ultimate

When the graphics card is connected: I canít get video output from ANY source (onboard VGA/dual-link DVI-D/HDMI or GPUís dual-link DVI-D/HDMI). From the moment the computer boots, there is nothing onscreen. There is still a video output depending on the source, but the screen is just empty. I can tell Win7 has still loaded from the sound it makes though.

When the graphics card isnít connected: Video will only output via VGA, with no/blank output from HDMI/DVI. On my first try, disabling and reenabling the Intel graphics driver for the integrated graphics allowed for video output through HDMI, but that only happened once. Apparently thereís an obscure issue with DVI and recent Intel integrated graphics. Iím not sure if thereís also an incompatibility between the motherboard and graphics card, but given how new they both are I wouldnít assume that to be the issue.

Steps Iíve taken to address the issue: Checked proper mounting of GPU in PCIe & PSU connections. Tested each of the aforementioned video outputs on a couple of monitors that supported each input. Tried to disable safe boot in the UEFI bios but I think Windows 7 prevents me from doing so (safe boot is enabled by default). Uninstalled the intel graphics drivers so there wouldnít be a conflict. Changed boot settings from UEFI to legacy where I could. Tried to force use of PCIe for graphics rather than onboard, but this always seems to be reverted to ďAutomaticĒ every time I check the BIOS again. Manually updated the BIOS to the most recent version.

TL;DR: Video outputs arenít working properly, minus VGA w/out GPU. Installing the graphics card will give me no video output. Issue is very similar to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...need-help.html
Old August 14, 2014, 05:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is your motherboard on the latest BIOS?

Motherboards - Z97-PRO - ASUS
Old August 15, 2014, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Try disabling the chip's onboard graphics via BIOS and see if that fixes anything.

Not just disabling the driver in Windows, but the actual HD4600 in the chip.

Also try a different PCI-E slot to see if that helps anything.

Last step would be to update clear CMOS (CLR_RTC) and update BIOS as zoob suggested.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732