Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2014, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default No image from GPU to screen

Hey all,

So I decided to change from air to water on my X58 system. I took it apart, installed my CPU block GPU blocks and SLI blocks, radiatior, pump and res and have leak tested everything (with several leaks found and fixed on the compression fittings using distilled water).

Now that I've reconnected everything, I can't seem to get either GPU to send an image to the monitor. The system powers on. The i7 970 was seated properly I'm fairly certain and all the power connections have been made. Motherboard connected LEDs and fans are working, so it's definitely getting power.

Any suggestions? I don't really want to strip the whole system if it can be helped. But I can't think of what's causing it. The GPUs had no power when I was leak testing so I don't think there'd be a short, plus I was using distilled. Anything obvious I'm missing?
Old July 30, 2014, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Monitor working properly?

Old July 30, 2014, 08:04 AM
Top Prospect

Only thing I can think of you probably already did, unplug the monitor and power connectors to the GPU, remove it completely from the motherboard, reseat it in the motherboard, reconnect the cables and try to boot.
Old July 30, 2014, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you have a room fan turn it on and point it at you case fore a wile. You may have a short from the distilled water. Like 3 or 4 days.
Old July 31, 2014, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
If you have a room fan turn it on and point it at you case fore a wile. You may have a short from the distilled water. Like 3 or 4 days.
That's what I'm thinking. Probably in the PCIe or GPUs. I'll have to take the whole thing apart and take my Datavac to it and hope I can dry it out.
Old July 31, 2014, 03:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

let it dry out more if you gotten it wet
Old July 31, 2014, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it is either one of the above or maybe you need to reseat your GPUs again if you MB has on board video maybe connect that to your monitor .
But generally issuses like this could be something simple like not all of the power is connected to your cards or simple things like that.
Old August 2, 2014, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Took everything apart and went to town with a Datavac and a hair dryer. After about a day and another hose that slipped through it's compression fitting everything is looking like it's doing well. Temp at the pump is 37C which is pretty decent after an hour of FFXIV on an X58 system I think. I was really hoping to squeeze in a 140mm rad at the exhaust port, but there's just no way to fit it in.
Old August 2, 2014, 04:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
Took everything apart and went to town with a Datavac and a hair dryer. After about a day and another hose that slipped through it's compression fitting everything is looking like it's doing well. Temp at the pump is 37C which is pretty decent after an hour of FFXIV on an X58 system I think. I was really hoping to squeeze in a 140mm rad at the exhaust port, but there's just no way to fit it in.
You can always hang one off of the back if you really want.... :)

Glad to hear everything worked out.
Dell G3 - i5 8300H / HP EX920 512GB NVME / 2X8GB HyperX Impact / 1TB SSHD / GTX 1050ti / N156HHE-GA1 120HZ Screen
Old August 3, 2014, 09:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
You can always hang one off of the back if you really want.... :)

Glad to hear everything worked out.
I thought all was good, then a hose slipped out of of a compression fitting and I'm back to square one :S

Might just silicone the damn things lol