Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2009, 10:40 PM
Top Prospect

Default Asus VW266H won't wake up

While I use my PC watching moives, the power LED lights sudden turn amber and there is no screen image.
NO buttons will work any more, even the power button.
I have to unplug the power cord for 5 seconds and plug in back to make it work again.
This is the third times it happen.

Anyone with this VW266H got the same problem?
Old November 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp1111 View Post
While I use my PC watching moives, the power LED lights sudden turn amber and there is no screen image.
NO buttons will work any more, even the power button.
I have to unplug the power cord for 5 seconds and plug in back to make it work again.
This is the third times it happen.

Anyone with this VW266H got the same problem?
Well, the one thing I can tell you is if you don't have warranty on it, pop the back of it off the Monitor and see if there are any bulging or blown capacitors. That is a common problem with all LCD's, they start to fail and don't come out of sleep mode for that reason exactally.

My thoughts at least,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 7, 2009, 11:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I noticed one post where the user had this problem and posted "The power button at the top stays lit orange and is not responsive. I end up removing the power cord and plugging it back in in order for it to recognize the signal. I tried turning Auto-Switch Input off. I'm now testing turning the power saving mode off at home and I'll see the results when I get home. Just thought I'd mention this and see if anyone had already found the decisive fix.
|update|
turning off power saving does the trick."
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old November 7, 2009, 11:31 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSound View Post
I noticed one post where the user had this problem and posted "The power button at the top stays lit orange and is not responsive. I end up removing the power cord and plugging it back in in order for it to recognize the signal. I tried turning Auto-Switch Input off. I'm now testing turning the power saving mode off at home and I'll see the results when I get home. Just thought I'd mention this and see if anyone had already found the decisive fix.
|update|
turning off power saving does the trick."
Monster,

Can you tell me how to turn off power saving in this LCD?
Many thanks.
Old November 7, 2009, 11:41 PM
Top Prospect

May i know you are using VGA or DVI?