Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2009, 07:59 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Corsair X128 SSD not booting or showing up in BIOS

I recently built a computer for a friend that included a Corsair X128 SSD. Everything thing was looking good Win7 RC loaded up no problems. Drive was recognized by Win7 and the BIOS. That was about 3 days ago. Today he reports to me that the drive is not being recognized by the BIOS and the system won't boot. He's tried different SATA connector but same problem. The DVD drive and the other hard drive (1TB Western Digital) are regocnized in the BIOS. The drive is not in a RAID config.

I think it's a duff drive and needs to be RMA'd to NCIX, but maybe it's something else. I've got no real experience with SSD's any other ideas what the problem might be?

System Specs:
Win 7 RC 7100
Corsair 800D case
ASUS Rampage 2 Etreme MOBO
Intel I7 920 DO stepping (Not OC'd)
Corsair TX850W PSU
6GB Corsair XMS3 Dominator RAM(Stock timings)
Samsung SH223B DVD drive
ATI 5870 video card
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB hard drive
Corsair X128 SSD

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old November 2, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it should work the same as an hd so you may have a problem
Old November 2, 2009, 11:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Get another drive running as the primary and hook that one up as a secondary.

If its still not being read at all, RMA It.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Update on drive. It is dead confirmed by Corsair and a crap load of testing on 3 separate systems. Will be returning to NCIX for refund. I'm hoping that they will honour the refund because my friend had used tape to secure the drive in his case. And the NCIX site says that RMA's will not be honoured if there is any modifications done to the product, hopefully they wont' see tape on the drive as a mod. I'm hoping not anyway, I could see if the drive was resalable why they would but this drive is dead as dead can get. The Corsair rep figures it came from a bad lot number as there have been similar reports on this model failing after a few days.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg