What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zotac's mini PC cooled by fanless Airjet coolers

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Interesting tech. Just did quite a bit of reading on it and unfortunately it does seem to have some limitations. Both models of the "Airjet" cooler are extremely thin, and I don't believe it's because they wanted it so. Their ultrasonic tech might actually require the tiny layers, which makes me think their tech hasn't yet or can't scale to larger applications. If not, I think Frore would advertise the larger offering. So no "threat" to standard heatsinks.

The stats are really unusual as well. 1750PA (1784 mmH20) is indeed extremely high pressure - for example, a Noctua 40mm X 10mm fan is rated at 1.78mmH2O. However, the Airjet only does 0.2cfm, compared with about 4.8cfm from the Noctua. With such high pressure but low flow, I'm not certain what, if any, other applications this new tech could do. The pressure seems to lend itself to pushing air though a very dense fin stack, like that of a thin notebook or very small radiator. But again, since we don't see how big the technology can go, a standard fan probably will overtake an Airjet when scaling to larger fins / radiators.

We'll just have to wait and see where this new tech goes. 👍

moocow

The dogs aren't going to like this?

EDIT: also teenagers? I heard some company put in annoying ultrasound speakers to deter kids from hanging around their properties.

Last edited: