What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Putin orders creation of Russian game consoles, Steam-like cloud delivery, and OS

LaughingCrow

Been years since I played World of Tanks, but I recall it was a very popular game in Russia.

Guessing whatever comes out of this Putin operating system will have a lot of propaganda and tracking. Since so many games are combat and war oriented, I wonder if this might develop into to actual war time use or spying.

With so many sanctions placed against the country over its invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Russia wants to develop more home-grown technologies. Now, President Vladimir Putin has called on the government to create Russian stationary and portable game consoles, along with operating systems and cloud-based game delivery systems for the machines.

https://www.techspot.com/news/102440-putin-orders-creation-russian-game-consoles-cloud-delivery.html