Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2013, 07:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Which SSD for my OS??

As the title says, which ssd should be os/current games, which one shoulkd be "other games, large used files etc"... the 90gb corsair is saturated with a 1.5yr old windows install/other junk...doing a clean format and install tommorow...
see the pic and let me know

heres one for Akg...should i really just go with a 6/gbs over these? what kind of real-world will i see....
Attached Images

Old October 25, 2013, 07:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Unless Im mistaken the CT is the Crucial V4. Thats a Phison base ssd. The Force 90 is a SF1200 ssd. Phison is about 3-4 gens old. The SF1200 is really two gens old now (as the nand has changed so much with the SF22xx series...hell a good argument could be made for three gens now). Basically...they are ancient in SSD terms.

Should you upgrade? Well do they feel slow to you? If they do the next gen will be about 2x fast or greater on app load time. So instead of 4 seconds it will be 2 seconds (mainstream vs mainstream). If they dont...why bother? ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr