Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2019, 08:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default HardOCP shutting down, Kyle is going to work for Intel

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2019...p_hello_intel/

TLDR, the news and reviews site is closing but the forums will remain. Kyle has taken on a position with Intel as the Director of Enthusiast Engagement effective April 1.
Old March 19, 2019, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

How about that. Nifty new title!

Maybe this will be a good move? Intel has certainly made decisions over the past few gens that seemed to alienate more than embrace the enthusiast. Them having a desire to get back into the enthusiast market, and put someone like Kyle in the lead... positive movements ahead?

I don't have an opinion of Kyle, but I have certainly read HardOCP over the years. Not a forum member there.
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old March 19, 2019, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

can't have divided loyalties...and could run into conflict of interest quickly and easily.
Old March 19, 2019, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

If you weren't on HardOCP back in the day you simply were not cool.

Can't remember my login info for there :(
Old March 19, 2019, 09:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

The site always gave me a headache anyway. I always leave with double vision. And I prefer the forums over here. Tumbleweeds and all.
Heatware
Old March 19, 2019, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
If you weren't on HardOCP back in the day you simply were not cool.
I'm pretty sure spending your time on computer enthusiasts forums pretty much guarantees you're not cool

I've learned to love my uncoolness though, so I'm fine with that
Old March 19, 2019, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I'm pretty sure spending your time on computer enthusiasts forums pretty much guarantees you're not cool

I've learned to love my uncoolness though, so I'm fine with that
Hey! Come on! Nerds and Geeks are the new master race! My 9 year old daughter even says so!!
i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz (Swiftech H220) | ASUS Maximus X Code | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC ver. | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Meshify C | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old March 19, 2019, 09:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Date is always suspect but i mean good for him. I cant say I go there often anymore but was a goto back in the day. I am glad he is not going to sell out to Purch (or whatever they are called now) and become an ad ridden, auto video playing, bait click site with crap content and heavily sponsor influenced reviews.
Old March 19, 2019, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entz View Post
Date is always suspect but i mean good for him. I cant say I go there often anymore but was a goto back in the day. I am glad he is not going to sell out to Purch (or whatever they are called now) and become an ad ridden, auto video playing, bait click site with crap content and heavily sponsor influenced reviews.

I didn't catch on to the date...but if it was April fools, then he shoulda posted it on the 1st, not two weeks in advance,
Old March 19, 2019, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entz View Post
HardOCP was bought out, but you won't believe what happened when his girlfriend found out!
Click for more details!