Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel > Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2015, 06:06 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Default DXRacer D-Series Gaming Chair Review

After many many hours of gaming, editing & what else, here are our thoughts on the DXRacer D Series Gaming Chair: It's DAM GOOD!

Video here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lohoKjIhXfw

Also for for those confused about the intro, here's the background story: I lived in Berlin for 4 months last year, and upon my return home, I found my computer chair on the balcony, covered in city dust and snow :( Upgrade was in order :)

Something I forgot to mention in the video is: I am 180cm in height and 180lbs in weight. Just an FYI for those in the same specs bracket.
Attached Images

Old May 24, 2015, 02:17 AM
Allstar

This is a great review, and enjoyable too!

So is this a one time thing since you needed a chair, or can we expect more chair reviews in the future?

I'm thinking of getting a chair, but can't decide between the DXRacer and the Playseat Evolution.

Would you review the Playseat?
Old May 26, 2015, 04:42 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nice video review! I had one of these and loved it too... for a little while...

Its got a great recline, nice support for lumber with the movable pads, but for long term sitting it didn't muster par for me. It's touted as true suspension seat, but when you sit in it, the 'suspension' straps sit on the metal pan/bar that supports the base and arms. So it truly doesn't have any suspension seat as claimed. Even with a light weight girl sitting, it bottomed out on the pan (I'm 6'1" 180lbs.) The kicker that made me send it back was if you use the arms to push yourself up and out of the chair, they 'flex' outwards and will stays that way after only a short bit, in my case I had the chair for a month and they had moved almost 1/2"+ (look underneath at how curved that bar is after a month or so!) The company didn't seem to care much after some discussion about this, though they said they'd relay my info to their factory.

I sent it back missing the cool style, and the great recline (amazing if you watch movies too!) but not missing anything else, and bought a Nightingale CXO 6200D...

i7 4790k 32GB Kingston HyperX MSI Gaming 5 MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T 4x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 1TB WD Black Lain-Li X2000F EVGA SuperNova 850W G2 BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Logitech Z5500 Win7pro 64bit

Last edited by Icarus; May 26, 2015 at 04:53 AM.