Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > RAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome Nick, I have to agree losing Greg hurt thier sales but is that the only reason? I would say no.

As pointed out ddr2 prices are low and some great kits can be had for less than what compairable Mushkin would cost.

That said I have bought a few kits of mushkin over the years and CS was a deciding factor.
Old February 27, 2009, 09:25 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I wish you guys would stop quoting enaberif.
Old February 27, 2009, 09:27 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushkinNick View Post
Don't write us off just yet. :)
I don't think anyone is writing you off. You just need to get your voices heard.
Old February 27, 2009, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The only difference between a given stick of memory and the other in most cases are the IC's on them. That being said; the brands who use them the most are the ones we all consider good brands. Mushkin does tend get really great IC's and even priced them very well. G.Skill, and all those other brands are just as great... but they're marketting sucks balls in these parts. The customer support and availability of Mushkin is what I appreciated. I'd buy a pair of Christmas sticks (G.skill, green pcd+red heatsink) if when my timings or I had a generally shoot-the-shit question there was a G.Skill rep available for me to talk to.

To me building a system is all about the excitement of it, and aside from a few of Corsairs offerings which are largely unavailable stock wise, most memory makers have complete garbage out. I'm sick of seeing 9-9-9-24.. honestly. And the price to get lower timings is insanely more. Go look at Mushkin's line and right away their sticks timing/speed wise jump out. Patriot has been doing a decent job lately, I'd consider them if they'd fit on my mobo under the cpu cooler I plan to use lol.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushkinNick View Post
Don't write us off just yet. :)
I'm not writing you off, I've got a 1,600.00 CAN Processor sitting here waiting for you guys to get back in the game ahaah, now go tell all your bosses and shoosh them along will you? :P
Old February 27, 2009, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I wish you guys would stop quoting enaberif.
On your ignore list?
Old February 27, 2009, 09:35 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Yup. My IQ has jumped 10 points since I did it.
Old February 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Well, Marketing is something we are definitely working on. :)

As far as IC's being the only difference, I think there is more to it than that. I think there is something to be said for customer services, as well as quality-control. I'm not going to bash another memory company, because obviously they are doing something right if they are still in business. DRAM is a very competitive industry.

That said, if a company has better quality control, you are going to see a lower RMA/DOA/Failure rate than with a competing company that just pushes product out the door and hopes that sheer volume will overcome quality issues. At Mushkin we have always prided ourselves on our QC process. While I can't go into specifics for various reasons, I will say that we are VERY strenuous and through in our testing. Often times parts can be delayed simply because the ones on hand weren't deemed "good enough".

I agree that our presence in Canada is currently lacking, and I do feel that Greg was a major part of our presence up there. While I only interacted with Greg for a brief period, I really liked the guy. I cannot really comment on the whole situation that led to his decision to leave the company, only that I wish he had chosen to stay. However, Greg is an individual and it is his choice to move on.

Sorry if I come across as vague in any of the above, but you have to understand I don't want to make any statements that could be taken the wrong way or "tipping my hand" as it were.

That said, I'll answer any questions I can. Can't promise I will be fast about it, but I will try. :)

Also, if you guys want to see more Mushkin up your way... Help us out! Make some noise! Call your reseller of choice and ask them why they don't have part X and when they will carry it! The more demand they hear, the sooner the parts will get there. :)
Old February 27, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

"The customer support and availability of Mushkin is what I appreciated." I agree on the customer service thing. I've never, ever seen a rep from Corsair or G.Skill post around these parts at all. That being said; I have called NCIX and kicked up a stink for my Mushkin XP 7-8-7-20's and all they say is "In a few weeks we may get some". GAH! It's been like 3 months I've waited.

Last edited by encorp; February 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old February 27, 2009, 10:55 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
"The customer support and availability of Mushkin is what I appreciated." I agree on the customer service thing. I've never, ever seen a rep from Corsair or G.Skill post around these parts at all. That being said; I have called NCIX and kicked up a stink for my Mushkin XP 7-7-8-7-20's and all they say is "In a few weeks we may get some". GAH! It's been like 3 months I've waited.
Which part number is that?

I'll see if maybe I can get you some through someone else ;)
Old February 27, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

These: XP3-12800 DDR3 - Mushkin Enhanced

;p