Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5, 2018, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default MS Halts 1809...AGAIN!!!

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/mi...-some-pcs.html

this is quite the blunder and setback for the scheme pushing for Windows As A Service.
Old December 5, 2018, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, technically they did not halt it. Only once did they completely halt it. This just like before with the Intel driver issue, is only stopped on effected machines. You can still get it and install it if you do not have that software.

I have been using 1809 on my work machine and home machine since it came out and haven't really had any more issues than normal. And to be honest, while I am certainly not a fan of these twice a year full scale updates, I don't exactly blame MS for this. I mean even if they had QA testers, you can't expect them to test every bit of software out there. At least they are doing the right thing and stopping the install if you have that software instead of just letting it go on.

Old December 5, 2018, 02:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

MS is considered at fault for this because they didn't deploy it amongst one of their 'circle' testing groups, which they have always done before. if this is true, they skipped a step, likely to meet the deadline, and theyre paying for that now.