Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2018, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default User's Experiencing Random Windows 10 Deactivation!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ne...pro,38041.html

now this is a weird beast of an issue!
Old November 8, 2018, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, it's affecting my work PC at the moment and one other here. It appears to be related to the machines being upgraded from Windows 7 Pro as I'm staring at the product key tags on the machines as I type. I'm just trying to ignore it for now.
Old November 8, 2018, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hahahaha I think that MS should give win10 for free to personal users because they are already charging for apps and games with all of the tracking softtware on it ls pretty hard to shut notifications or ads like install word or some other MS add on that most people dont want .
Old November 8, 2018, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yeah, might be an idea for them to adopt the Apple approach to software. it would give them better control of the hardware used as well as they can kill updates to systems that run particular CPU's or chipsets and force upgrades, keeping the HW business more alive. ;)
Old November 9, 2018, 11:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's resolved. I was able to run the Activation Troubleshooter and activate my work PC to get rid of the watermark.

Edit 2: Update as of morning 11/9/2018 Morning EST.

Any affected customer can continue to use Windows 10 Pro as usual, and the watermark will disappear within 24 hours as activation is automatically restored.
To manually resolve the issue: Select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Activation, and then select Troubleshoot to run the Activation Troubleshooter. (If the device is already activated, the Troubleshoot option will not appear.)