Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2018, 04:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Au revoir, CaseLabs

Shocked... that Mr. Friendly didn't already post it (someone is slacking off ). As per CaseLabs' website:

Quote:
We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

We are doing our best to ship as many orders as we can, but we won’t be able to ship them all. Parts orders should all ship, but we won’t be able to fulfill the full backlog of case orders. We are so incredibly sorry this is happening. Our user community has been very devoted to us and it’s awful to think that we have let any of you down. There are over 20,000 of you out there and we are very grateful for all the support we have received over the years. It was a great journey that we took together and we’re thankful that we got that chance.

We understand that there will likely be a great deal of understandable anger over this and we sincerely apologize. We looked at every option we had. This is certainly not what we envisioned. Some things were just out of our control. We thought we had a way to move forward, but it failed and we disabled the website from taking any more orders....
Old August 12, 2018, 03:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

NOOO! F%&^

Was waiting for them to start taking orders again to pick up an SMA8-A.
Old August 12, 2018, 04:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

Niche market case with a ridiculous price tag.. not surprised.
Old August 12, 2018, 06:50 AM
Rookie

If you had ever had or seen the quality of these cases you might have different things to say. Compare some of the Thermaltake cases that sell for $275 - $350 ......

Great cases, expensive yes but the build quality was great.

RYZEN 7 1700X @ 4GHZ - Asus TUF B350M-Plus Gaming - MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G - 16 Gb GSKILL 3000 CL15 Tryden Z RGB -
CaseLabs Merlin 5 - HEAT KILLER Basic - Alfacool UT 60 - 240 & 360
Old August 12, 2018, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnut View Post
If you had ever had or seen the quality of these cases you might have different things to say. Compare some of the Thermaltake cases that sell for $275 - $350 ......

Great cases, expensive yes but the build quality was great.
The problem is the audience to buy is extremely small so it's not cost effective.
Old August 12, 2018, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Always a sad day when competition reduces, but I am not surprised to be honest. The quality did seem great for the couple cases I had seen/worked with, but the price was so high they had a very small market share.
Old August 13, 2018, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am never going to buy a caselabs case as they were too expensive and too big for what I saw. Why would I spend $500+ on a case that a sub $200 case will have the same quality and better features.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 13, 2018, 06:25 PM

My System Specs

What sub $200 case has Case Labs quality? Obviously Chinese manufactured cases will be cheaper than ones manufactured in USA. Chinese manufacturing is always going to be cheaper. But its never going to be the same quality.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old August 14, 2018, 06:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I am never going to buy a caselabs case as they were too expensive and too big for what I saw. Why would I spend $500+ on a case that a sub $200 case will have the same quality and better features.
You have NO CLUE dude, no clue at all. CL quality and better features for sub $200, LOL!

P.S. I've been hearing it's the parent company of CL that shut down. It had nothing to do with CL itself, as that was more of an off-shoot of the parent company. But that's hearsay.
Old August 14, 2018, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Phanteks for example has excellent quality. I don't see the need for Case Labs as they offer nothing over the competition at a reasonable price.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."