Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple watch to me looks quite ugly. I'm surprised it looks as bad as it does considering how great the iPhone 6 looks.

Another first gen product that needs work. The moto 360 looks far better but being first gen the battery life is awful and isn't as fluid as it could be.. The apple watch UI looks kinda cumbersome and clunky..

It's funny, with android wear they made the watch be a watch, not another smart phone on your wrist... and the apple watch seemed to try and cram too much into a watch making the UX seem annoying... Maps on your watch? WTF? That's what your iPhone is for... it seems android wear is going in the proper direction IMO, kind of a change of position to what apple is usually about

Anyways.. It'll probably sell well because it's apple, I was expecting it to be more expensive, but like the android wear watches ATM, I'll pass on the first generation until they actually get it right, with ALL day battery, fluid transitions, more apps, proper UX, etc..

So.. meh... But I like the direction the iPhones went.. despite playing catch up, the 2 size offering is something I wish ALL android OEMs would do without making the "mini" version an absolute POS.
Old September 10, 2014, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Actually I have an old iPhone and would have considered buying their watch if it didn't require a newer phone to be paired with it. A lot of people have gone android because they don't like Apple or what have you and may still have an old phone laying around as a backup that could have been used if there wasn't that restriction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Honestly, anybody who hasn't moved from their 4S to at least a 5 probably isn't the kind of person who will be interested in buying Apple's Watch.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 10, 2014, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
It's funny, with android wear they made the watch be a watch, not another smart phone on your wrist... and the apple watch seemed to try and cram too much into a watch making the UX seem annoying... Maps on your watch? WTF? That's what your iPhone is for...
It needs to be both before it's viable.. Small enough to actually be a watch but powerful enough that you can run some apps (maps would be good actually) and run them all day.
Otherwise it's just a remote on your wrist.

all in my opinion that is. :)

The more I'm seeing of it (not REALLY looked yet, and the price is too high) the more I'm liking it.. Remote phone.. handy when travelling, meetings, driving etc. Make the watch be the transmitter and receiver for handsfree, never need to sync with another car again.. Am sure they could get maps and the like on it too.. great that it's nearly where it needs to be.. but still gonna be plagued with the early issues of battery, bugs and bucks.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"

Last edited by Dzzope; September 10, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old September 12, 2014, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Except the speaker and mic will be terrible for calls and you will look like an idiot holding your watch to your face especially for long calls.

I personally do not think smart watches will take off. I don't have a use for one and can't see why the masses would want one. I think it is a niche product. Also most people don't wear watches anyways.

I think this is a fad.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."