Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2019, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I was wanting to grabe a controler but I prefer wired also . might look into this out of curiosity since it is xbox I take it I wont need any exterior software for it to work just plug it into usb or is there an adaptor for it ??
I ended up buying the wireless version and had no issues on PC, Windows 10. Just turned it on, it was picked up and installed, works perfect, nothing extra required. I see no reason why wired would be any different.
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro
Old January 10, 2019, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I was wanting to grabe a controler but I prefer wired also . might look into this out of curiosity since it is xbox I take it I wont need any exterior software for it to work just plug it into usb or is there an adaptor for it ??
Xbox 360 controllers that are hardwired (aka not removable) will work plug and play. With a wireless Xbox 360 controller you need the proprietary Xbox 360 charge cable for it to plug into a USB to use as a wired controller. Alternatively you need the Xbox 360 wireless USB adapter.

Xbox One controllers can be used wired with any Micro-usb cable (and come with one in a box). Any controllers you buy new at the moment will have bluetooth connectivity or can be connected with the Windows Xbox adapter.

I'd recommend the Xbox One unless you're saving a ton of money. It gives you the option of wired or wireless right out of the box and you can hard remap buttons in Windows whereas the 360 controller doesn't let you do that unless a game has it in-options or you're using 3rd party controller software.
IMO it's a better controller too as the Dpad is drastically improved over the garbage circle pad of the 360, but that's a personal preference thing.
Old January 10, 2019, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

cool thank you for infor some of the games I play on pc have the controller option and since I have my pc connected to my LED tv and I am on the couch it can get a little tricky playing games( playing for hours not relising lol) sometimes I get lost gaming and ended up with sore wrists and tense shoulders from sitting with a controller I can move around my arms more allot more lol.
Old January 10, 2019, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
cool thank you for infor some of the games I play on pc have the controller option and since I have my pc connected to my LED tv and I am on the couch it can get a little tricky playing games( playing for hours not relising lol) sometimes I get lost gaming and ended up with sore wrists and tense shoulders from sitting with a controller I can move around my arms more allot more lol.
Is your PC in the same room as the TV or are you running your video cable through a wall/floor to the TV?

If that's the case you might want to look at running a USB 3 cable to a powered hub through the same cable route as your video cable and connecting Bluetooth/wifi dongle to it. It'll drastically reduce the distance any wireless signal has to travel, as well as any interference. Helps prevent lag/delay whether its a mouse and keyboard or controller.

Of course if the PC's in the same room it's not really a concern.
Old January 11, 2019, 10:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
I ended up buying the wireless version and had no issues on PC, Windows 10. Just turned it on, it was picked up and installed, works perfect, nothing extra required. I see no reason why wired would be any different.
I'm assuming you already had a bluetooth dongle on your pc?
Old January 11, 2019, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I'm assuming you already had a bluetooth dongle on your pc?
Motherboard supports both WiFi and Bluetooth. Once I hooked up the antenna that came with the motherboard, everything worked tickity-boo
i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz (Swiftech H240-X) | ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi | 32GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz | ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Strix | EX920 512GB, MX100 512GB, MX300 2TB, HDD 500GB (x2) | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair 650D | Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC, USB sound for mic, Sennheiser PC360 SE | Acer Predator X34, BenQ 21.5" | Windows 10 Pro