Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Recommended backlit keyboards? (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/15517-recommended-backlit-keyboards.html)

bovine.baron March 22, 2009 08:52 PM

Ooh, the G19 does look nice. I think I'll get it... in a couple of years when the price goes down from $200 USD. :haha:

JShupka March 23, 2009 07:16 AM

Personally, I love my Razer Lycosa Mirror. I just can't stand cleaning the fingerprints off of it. The key response is amazing tho...

misterlarry March 23, 2009 08:45 AM

I'm looking to get one after our pending move. I think either Razer or Deck, not sure yet.

:thumb:

nige March 25, 2009 01:49 PM

well the g-15 lcd isn't useless to me, i have installed lcd miscellany and day of defeat source plugin, i just don't spend much time looking at the screen. I use the macro keys in windows mostly as they don't work very well for me on my half life 2 based games. I'll have to spend some more time reading to learn to use the G keys more effectively for games. They do save heaps of time when i am in windows though.

Toronto122 March 26, 2009 02:47 PM

I wrote a mini review on the G19 in the Member Reviews section.

It's an amazing keyboard. Light years ahead of the G15.

BUT, it's not cheap!!! LOL

ADH April 18, 2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bovine.baron (Post 159733)
Hey guys, I was wondering if you had any favorites in the backlit category. I'd prefer full size over slim and a blue backlight to match my pretty new Deathadder. Clickety-clackety noise when typing is a plus as I'm used to and have grown fond of that- my other word processor is a typewriter :thumb: Thanks in advance, guys.

Razer Lycosa, even the blue is the same as my DeathAdder and Piranha headset. Perfect matches and a decent keyboard with the clicky noise.:thumb:

But yeah, it does show fingerprints...specially if you eat while web browsing.

Realityshift April 18, 2009 05:08 PM

the sidewinder X6 shows finger prints too =( why do they feel the need to use glossy black on anything fingers have a chance of touching????

SneakySnake April 18, 2009 06:35 PM

I love my G15, but I don't have much experience with other keyboards. The built in LCD is really nice, you can run Fraps in it (it even has a nifty line graph of your fps that it runs below the fps number) and alot of games will let you show your health and ammo on it - meaning that there's less HUD and more game on your screen.

Realityshift April 18, 2009 07:11 PM

The G15s screen is nice but the key stroke response is no where near as nice as the x6, just feels way to clunky for me now when I switch between the 2. and showing health and ammo on something near my fingers is not something I would call a bonus... My eyes are on the screen when im playing a game and normally its closer to look at either corner or top corner to see what your HP is then to look all the way down to your finger tips... Only reason id like that LCD is to watch CPU/GPU temps when im gaming instead of having to chart it. Other then that I prefer Fraps on screen FPS.

Both are great keyboards, the X6 is just better quality.

..'Ant'.. April 18, 2009 11:41 PM

G19 is way too expensive the G15 is more than enough...