Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2019, 08:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default audio/video stutter issues

dropping this issue here as I think it's software based. starting the end of last week, my audio and video would start to stutter across all browsers and app's. however, if I close my browsers and clear cache/history/cookies, they start working normally again.

I checked for audio and video updates and there was a video update for my HD630, but that hasn't cured the problem.

thoughts on what could be going on?
Old June 26, 2019, 08:48 AM
Top Prospect

I have had audio issues in the past bad enough to cause blue screens... if your video card has HDMI ports and your not using the audio out (ie TV) from those ports try disabling the video cards audio drivers. That immediately fixed the issues I was having, the video cards, onboard audio, and dedicated sound card were not getting along together.
Old June 26, 2019, 09:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm using the Intel HD630 onboard my 7600K and DP out on my Asus H170 Gaming Pro motherboard.

Last edited by Mr. Friendly; June 26, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old June 26, 2019, 12:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I had an issue with chrome stuttering. Disable all addons, still did it.

Ended up moving to Firefox and it worked fine...I'd say check your addons and start from there
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old June 26, 2019, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

bandwidth problems with your Internet ? or is it the same site doing this. as suggested above if it is web browsers I would also turn off all the plugins and go from there .
Old June 26, 2019, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I literally use nothing...only plugin I have is for Webroot and the only extension I have is for Shockwave, but it's set to only operate when asked, however it was updated this month, so I've disabled it to see if that changes anything.
Old June 26, 2019, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
bandwidth problems with your Internet ? or is it the same site doing this. as suggested above if it is web browsers I would also turn off all the plugins and go from there .

it's across all browsers and app's when whatever happens, happens. affects my Skype and Teams notifications, any YouTube videos, Spotify playback etc. but no lag/latency with the rest of the PC. everything responds as it should when jumping apps or cycling tabs.

won't be the internet...250Mb/s down and 20mb/s up.
Old June 26, 2019, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

What are the chances you have the motherboard manufacturer's network optimization software installed? When I had a board with a KillerNIC, the software caused all kinds of issues. Same with Asus TurboLAN. That kind of enhancement only ever makes stuff worse...

Corsair Obsidian 500D
Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1
i7-5820K @4.4GHZ
RTX 2070
4x8GB Corsair LPX 2666MHZ
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W GOLD
960GB ADATA SX8200 NVME
HP OMEN 32 1440p 75hz

Benq W1070 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK Vector RTX2080 FC, EK Coolstream XT 220 Rad, MCR320 Rad, EK-XTOP SPC-60 Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res
Old June 26, 2019, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
What are the chances you have the motherboard manufacturer's network optimization software installed? When I had a board with a KillerNIC, the software caused all kinds of issues. Same with Asus TurboLAN. That kind of enhancement only ever makes stuff worse...

doubtful, as when I clear my browser cache/history/cookies using Ccleaner, the issue disappears.
Old June 26, 2019, 02:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
I recently picked up a Aquantia AQN-107 since I have got a ES-16-XG switch. Their software, while a bit ugly, seems to work fine actually. Definitely better than the Killer software on my AW laptop. It does seem to limit my overall speeds to about 860/650 instead of 940/750, but things generally load quicker than the onboard Intel i211/i218 NIC.

Highly subjective and could be totally placebo, but Destiny 2 seems to play better now too when in PvP activities. My KDR seems better on average.