Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2019, 05:37 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I thought I made a post but guess it didn't go through? What are you using for temp checks?
Checking temps of what?

Of the Pi, it uses the command line 'cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp'

Temps of my living room is a DS18B20 temperature sensor hooked up to an ESP8266-based device. Temps in my 3d printer enclosure are the same, except using a DHT11 sensor.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old June 7, 2019, 08:47 PM

My System Specs

Created a smart power button for an upcoming system. The Wemos D1 Mini is powered by the 5V standby voltage from the PSU. Then one of the GPIO off the Wemos goes to a boost buck to increase the voltage from 3.3V to 5V. At 5V it can then trigger the relay. Then from the relay it goes to the power button connection on the motherboard.

Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old June 8, 2019, 09:10 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I want to automate too. This looks like fun and cost effective. Finally the future is here! I remember years ago seeing smart homes... especially Bill Gates having a smart home. Now we all can have it!
Graphics Designer and Tech Journalist @ www.RealHardwareReviews.com ID: eyetrance/Dave
Personal Website @ www.EYEtrance.ca
Old June 17, 2019, 06:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hi lowfat, just finished installing homeassistant on my debian desktop, after many failed tries. I have so far been able to connect my Insteon Hub and Harmony Hub. No problem using the Insteon light control as all the light switches show on the the overview page. But Harmony Hub shows up as a remote, and can only do on/off. I have searched for further instructions, but did not find any. Will you share you methods, or perhaps how to use the scripts so that the Overview page can show all my activities, devices, and controls?

TIA.
Old June 17, 2019, 07:38 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hi lowfat, just finished installing homeassistant on my debian desktop, after many failed tries. I have so far been able to connect my Insteon Hub and Harmony Hub. No problem using the Insteon light control as all the light switches show on the the overview page. But Harmony Hub shows up as a remote, and can only do on/off. I have searched for further instructions, but did not find any. Will you share you methods, or perhaps how to use the scripts so that the Overview page can show all my activities, devices, and controls?

TIA.
I don't actually use HA to control my Harmony Hub as it seemed to difficult. I use a NodeRED flow to communicate directly to the Harmony Hub. I'd HIGHLY suggest using NodeRED for all automations as its so much simplier and more powerful than doing everything in HA.

You can use this by default
https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-r...mony-websocket

Or https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-harmony
if you enable the XMPP in the Harmony app.

I'm using the XMPP as I was doing it this way before websockets was a thing for Harmony. Once I added the Hub to NodeRED, I could just select my activities and buttons just by drop downs.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old June 17, 2019, 09:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This is one of those things you need to see in person to really appreciate. Good stuff!

On a side note:
My TV turns on by its self if the batteries in the remote are dying, Does that count as automated?
Old June 17, 2019, 02:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I don't actually use HA to control my Harmony Hub as it seemed to difficult. I use a NodeRED flow to communicate directly to the Harmony Hub. I'd HIGHLY suggest using NodeRED for all automations as its so much simplier and more powerful than doing everything in HA.

You can use this by default
https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-r...mony-websocket

Or https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-harmony
if you enable the XMPP in the Harmony app.

I'm using the XMPP as I was doing it this way before websockets was a thing for Harmony. Once I added the Hub to NodeRED, I could just select my activities and buttons just by drop downs.
Thanks lowfat, Iíll study up NodeRED.
Old June 17, 2019, 02:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked15 View Post
This is one of those things you need to see in person to really appreciate. Good stuff!

On a side note:
My TV turns on by its self if the batteries in the remote are dying, Does that count as automated?
Your TV has become self-aware😂😂