Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2018, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 10 October Update and Server 19 Pulled

Has anyone heard about this? We're looking at some server updates at the office. We did some looking in to Server 2019 and found that it had been pulled due to some major issues with redirected folder data loss on upgrades. Some more digging found that the October update for Win10 had similar issues, as well as a few other issues.

This seems like a HUGE thing for QC to miss prior to release. Crazy...
Old November 9, 2018, 11:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The Windows 10 update was only live for a couple of days before some people complained about losing data. I had forced my home PC to upgrade, fortunately I wasn't one of the people that lost data.
Old November 9, 2018, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Server 2019 pulled...which might explain why none of my p/n or disti SKU have worked when I was trying to hunt it up for a client.
Old November 9, 2018, 03:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I upgraded all my servers at home to 2019, though I didn't lose any data, it definitely wasn't smooth either.

It broke most of the Roles, I think the only thing that survived unscathed was IIS. I had to fix WDS, WSUS and ended up rebuilding my RDS and NPS.

My Hyper-V hosts aren't able to shutdown VM's automatically when rebooting/shutting down the host anymore, so now I get hard shutdowns on all my VM's unless I manually shut them down beforehand.

I've upgraded my desktop and laptop to 1809 without issue and built a new laptop on 1809 fine as well. Built out some LTSC 2019 VM's as well without any trouble.

The document deleting issue was only if you had a specific Group Policy setting from what I read or if you had moved your user profile folders and didn't use the "move contents" option, so you had data in say C:\Users\Username\Documents and D:\Documents, you'd lose everything in the original C:\Users path.

The latest public patch is only .55, Insider Preview is on .107 in the slow rings now. I installed the .107 patch across all my devices now too. Chances are that's what they'll release to everyone.

So yeah, there's been issues, but any worse than any other release? I'm not sure...