Default FPS drop and high disk usage spike

My pc:

X470 strix
Ryzen R5 1600
16gb ram
Ati 7770 1gb
SSD 120gb - installed win10
Wd blue 1TB ezex - for games, programs

In Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice i have fps drop and when I minimize and go to taskbar I got this:

when stutter happen when game is on HDD (disk 1):

When I installed it on SSD (disk 0) I got this:

I didn t reinstall windows when I got new mbo, could that be a problem? Clean windwos install?

First I thought that HDD is dying but if this happens also on SSD that I think that this is not a disk problem? Maybe SSD is dying so it will intervene with wd blue because SSD has Win10? HD tune, Crystal disk info, HD sentinel and SSD kingston manager tells me that everything is ok.

Opinions?
Old August 12, 2018, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

yes fresh OS on new hardware

also check SSD firmware read all doc's on updating firmware

run ASUS Suite and check bio's

current is ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 4018 improve system performance 2018/07/20
Old August 12, 2018, 10:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

check task manager to see which process is using all that juice
Old August 12, 2018, 11:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
yes fresh OS on new hardware

also check SSD firmware read all doc's on updating firmware

run ASUS Suite and check bio's

current is ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 4018 improve system performance 2018/07/20

It is latest SSD firmware.

I still have stock BIOS, I will upgrade BIOS (didn t upgrade yet because newer version of bios had problems with compatibillity with monitoring software, it freezes) and reinstall windows soon, I still need my PC for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
check task manager to see which process is using all that juice
it impossible to see because it happens very quickly

So with facts that it stutter on SSD and HDD it seems there is a strong evidence that this is not a disk problem?

I will soon buy RX 580 or GTX 1060 + some WD red for storage so I won`t have any money left for some bigger SSD. Since I bought WD blue ezex from time to time I stumble upon forums posts about that this HDD is no reliable, that it mostly failed after warranty expires and similar negative stuff so I am a little worried that this could be his end...
Old August 12, 2018, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh hang on it is in a game well that is probably the game itself allot of games are very poorly programmed I did a quick search and that game has issues with what you are discribing
Old August 15, 2018, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
oh hang on it is in a game well that is probably the game itself allot of games are very poorly programmed I did a quick search and that game has issues with what you are discribing

yes I saw that on forums they say that game is poorly optimized for ATI cards. I also noticed that it stutters always pretty on the same places. And my old Ati 7770 has 1GB of VRAM which is alwas on the max level of usage on this game