Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2017, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Question Chrome browser issues

Has anyone had Chrome act really strange all of a sudden and do you remember how you fixed it? Today when I powered on my pc, I pull up google maps and searched a local area, the normal map view was slow to load and didnt scroll smoothly at all when I dragged the map. Then in streetview it almost didn't load anything and had a delay of many seconds if I tried to look around, it was unusable. I disabled addons, and toggled hardware accelleration with no effect. (normally run with accelleration off without issue).

For fun I removed Chrome altogether and installed the Firefox Quantum beta, which works perfectly in maps, but gets a 97/100 on the acid test site. Is that site still relevant today?