Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2017, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 Pro, and Kaby Lake

So... without thinking about it, I ordered a few new Kaby Lake workstations at the office, and had them pre-loaded with Windows 7 Pro. (We have custom software in our office that is not compatible with Windows 10 at the moment.) Of course, after running the latest Windows update on them, I get slammed with the giant message on screen noting: "Your PC uses a processor that isn't supported by this version of Windows". I get it... I won't have access to some security updates. While I make some decisions regarding the software and hardware we use, is there a way to remove this message in the mean time so it doesn't bother the users. It pops up every time the workstation is rebooted, and is definitely going to panic the users unnecessarily.
Old April 5, 2017, 03:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Found the solution via spiceheads pretty quick. It's with KB4012218 that this issue occurs. Removing this update removes the error and allows for all updates except for the March roll-up.
Old April 5, 2017, 07:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Also, as I have found just recently with some that we put Windows 7 on, you have to run a beta driver for the integrated video to work properly. An example of this is that without that beta driver you can't run two monitors extended. Although I didn't have any issues running windows updates on them, at least not yet.

https://www.evga.com/associates/defa...CUV5OY6FY0U02O