Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2015, 12:47 AM
Allstar

I would recommend the U2 for an entirely different reason. It is the smallest case that can accommodate a 120mm tower cooler along with a ATX PSU, and from my experience with the case doing just that will force air in through the front mesh without installing a fan.

I wouldn't install 2 SSDs in the U2. Well I use a GTX 970 so that's why. The 2 SSD mounts in the bottom are also the bottom meshes for the video card's fans. The build in the bottom uses a card that probably has the same TPD of a GTX 960

PS: I recently found out that Asus also has a wicked custom design for its GTX 960 Strix, small PCB, dual fan just like the Zotac. GTX 970 on the other hand, Zotac still has the best solution for the U2.
Attached Images

Old May 27, 2015, 06:53 AM
Rookie

ok atx ps it would be thanks.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:03 AM
Rookie

Luay79: Is that your build? It looks really good. BTW I don't plan on putting the SSDs on the bottom though, I was thinking of just double-sided taping the SSDs to the flat surface above the front cheese-grater/mesh box-thing the front fan in the image is attached to, or somewhere around there (wherever they fit out of the way). As well I might even sandwich/glue a thin fan beneath the GPU if I find it needs more air. And yes that strix looks awesome, I wont be able to see it in this case if I use it, but I think I will use it anyway.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:29 AM
Allstar

nope it's someone else's who have mounted 2 SSDs in the bottom. I wouldn't recommend using the front mount either, especially for an i7 which will need the air from that intake.

From my experience, leaving the front and bottom meshes empty is enough for airflow with out adding a fan. Ofcourse for your i7 I would keep a close eye on temps.

I suggest using an external Drive like the new 3TB WD mypassport HDD. I never needed more than half a TB for my games and apps but that's just me.
Old May 27, 2015, 08:07 AM
Rookie

Yeah, I think I'll turn my old PC into a NAS or something for bulk storage. In this PC one M.2 would probably be enough for me but I don't know what I'll using this for 2 years from now, so some 2.5" ssd mounts or at least taping locations are kind of necessary for me. But one quick question; what do you think of the U3 case? Its slightly larger and has a 3.5" mount I could use a dual 2.5" adapter in.

Tags
case , cases , confusion , cooling , mini itx