Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2019, 02:05 AM
MVP

Dahua (Dahua Starlight for good night time picture quality) or Hikvision. Both work easily enough with Blue Iris.

From over at ipcamtalk - "note - some of the lorex kits sold at Costco are Dahua OEM though w/o the Dahua IVS features - some are not and are from another OEM which I have not yet read which OEM they are."

BlueIris/Dahua Cam pic down at the shed --
Attached Images

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old February 3, 2019, 01:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2MP-Eyeball-...BeSN:rk:6:pf:0

I would like to try hikvision because of the comments. This looks cheap. Only wired and comes with an AC adapter.

I have a spot to put it near my HTPC looking out into the lviing room connected to the swtich near the PC servier running Blue Iris.

IS it a good deal on ebay? Or could someone sell me their unused used one?
HTPC/Server: See "My System Specs". I also use it to virtualize an instance of Windows to my mobile devices.
Graphics Designer and Tech Journalist @ www.RealHardwareReviews.com ID: eyetrance
Old February 4, 2019, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Where does everyone buy their IP Security Cameras from when buying Hikvision? eBay.ca? or is there a better alternative?
HTPC/Server: See "My System Specs". I also use it to virtualize an instance of Windows to my mobile devices.
Graphics Designer and Tech Journalist @ www.RealHardwareReviews.com ID: eyetrance
Old February 4, 2019, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've heard Dahua is about the same as Hikvision for quality but comes with better user support than Hikvision. as I mentioned, Hikvision won't support end user unless it's warranty. all technical assistance has to come from their reseller.
Old February 25, 2019, 08:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So now I have 9 cameras ... 3x3 grid which is nice. My crappy Belkin N600 router dedicated to the cameras (also Smart plugs and google home minis) can not keep up with 4 wifi N cameras streaming to Blue Iris.

I bought an open boxed Foscam C1 lite which eats up all the bandwidth I think lol

I bought a used Trendnet camera and I am quite pleased with it (2015 model) Took a damn long time to arrive because of lazy ebay shippers.. I had to ask 2 times until they shipped it finally...

The plastics on the Trendnet is solid and looks top notch. Makes it look premium lol

Should I separate the IP cameras to its own AP? If so what should I buy for 3x480p and one 720p?
Old March 15, 2019, 03:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I finally wired up most of my IP cameras and the viewing is solid now.
Now only one HD camera and one VGA wireless.

From now on I will try to get wired cameras just or the sake of best connections.
I am ordering 2 more cameras. TrendNet VGA ones from China. I hope they are as advertised. Trendnet has been good to me and my boss.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRENDnet-Wir...72.m2749.l2649
Old March 16, 2019, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A separate AP if it's wired otherwise it's the same wireless bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmehereajax View Post
So now I have 9 cameras ... 3x3 grid which is nice. My crappy Belkin N600 router dedicated to the cameras (also Smart plugs and google home minis) can not keep up with 4 wifi N cameras streaming to Blue Iris.

I bought an open boxed Foscam C1 lite which eats up all the bandwidth I think lol

I bought a used Trendnet camera and I am quite pleased with it (2015 model) Took a damn long time to arrive because of lazy ebay shippers.. I had to ask 2 times until they shipped it finally...

The plastics on the Trendnet is solid and looks top notch. Makes it look premium lol

Should I separate the IP cameras to its own AP? If so what should I buy for 3x480p and one 720p?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old March 16, 2019, 06:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Pretty sure you can only get them through an installation company. I get mine through a friend with his license. His cost is 200 so there's gonna be a mark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmehereajax View Post
Where does everyone buy their IP Security Cameras from when buying Hikvision? eBay.ca? or is there a better alternative?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.