Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Mobile Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2015, 06:32 PM
Folding Captain

The camera on the S6 looks very promising. The Samsung Pay stripe card emulator could be neat.

Count me as one of the few who are disappointed at the lack of removable battery and SD card slot. I do a lot of travelling, and those features have come in handy for me. I could do without the SD card slot, if only they made 64 or 128GB models reasonably priced. The water resistance of my S5 also helped last summer in my travels.

So other than the camera, I see no reason for me to get this new Samsung phone. Will be waiting to see what Sony will be offering up (assuming they remain a major player in mobile that is), or possibly see what the S6 Active or Note 5 offers.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 26, 2015, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

I think it's a bad move. I don't care so much about the removable battery but it is one more thing that can go wrong with the phone when it's out of warranty that could have been easy to replace. The expandable memory is pretty big and will deter a lot of people. I'm sure they did that as there were so many issues with the S4 eating SD cards I moved away from Samsung due to the bloat in the S4, and the SD card issues so it doesn't make a difference to me anymore. I'm pretty happy with my LG G3 now.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N