Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29, 2019, 04:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default MacBook for Graphics Design

Over the years, I have been doing graphics design. It was my hobby and now I do it often whenever there is work for me. I do mostly icons and the featured images at RHR.

I have been thinking of getting a nice laptop for just its screen. I have the laptop in my signature that I do work on and a ASUS ProArt monitor that I use when I am at home. The laptop is old but gets the job done. It is no video editing rig lol. I like the Touchscreen on my old Dell and the screen is quite good.

I have been watching YouTubers who work remotely with Macs. They travel with Macs everywhere. I think it would be nice to get a MacBook with nice screen and battery life.

My buddy John at RHR says MSI Spectre series is good on the Windows side.

A MacBook Pro is what I am looking to get ...

Another buddy of mine has a 2015 MacBook Pro and I love the screen it has.

Is it better to get a laptop and find a good screen to replace it? Any recommendations. All I really want is a excellent screen like my ProArt monitor
Personal Website @ www.EYEtrance.ca
Old June 29, 2019, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think a Macbook Pro really offers anything notable for it's cost premium. You can get "premium" Windows laptops too that will do everything the same.

It's really more a question of if you're more comfortable with macOS or Windows.

If you're sticking to the Windows side, look at the Dell XPS or Lenovo Yoga & X1 lines.
Old July 2, 2019, 08:05 AM
Top Prospect

I have a macbook pro... i use it clamshelled almost all of the time.

If you have a high quality monitor to hook up to you will most likely continue to use it unless your out and about. Larger screen size etc.

Tags
apple , graphics design , mac , screen , windows