What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

apple Iphone 3g

tzetsin

This is a call to any person who frequents remote area's (ie, anywhere a rig goes in alberta) with a ROGERS phone...

now i'm quite aware of the massive suckyness of the rogers network, and truethfully, i have NO love for the apple i phone. But as far as circumstances are, i'm fairly pissy with BELL. I do a "fair" amount of data on my cell phone every now and then... and by "fair" i mean less than 30 bloody megabytes per month. i'd do more but i'm scared of the huge cost of going over my plan (6 bucks per mb) that is already way over priced (60 dollars for 30 mb)...

so i'm talking to a friend of mine who works at a rogers wireless store, she tells me i can get SIX GIGS for 30 bucks if you get a contract and the iphone... now... i dont do that much data with my phone... but mostly because i stop myself, if i had the data, i'd surely use it...

i'd drop bell in a hot minute if i thought their service area was worth a damn, but from what i hear it sucks. does anyone have the iphone that works in the patch? or remote areas anyway? is the phone a total piece of junk? let me know... i want to call bell and complane, but before that i need to be willing to backup my threats....

Rommel

Banned
This is a call to any person who frequents remote area's (ie, anywhere a rig goes in alberta) with a ROGERS phone...

now i'm quite aware of the massive suckyness of the rogers network, and truethfully, i have NO love for the apple i phone. But as far as circumstances are, i'm fairly pissy with BELL. I do a "fair" amount of data on my cell phone every now and then... and by "fair" i mean less than 30 bloody megabytes per month. i'd do more but i'm scared of the huge cost of going over my plan (6 bucks per mb) that is already way over priced (60 dollars for 30 mb)...

so i'm talking to a friend of mine who works at a rogers wireless store, she tells me i can get SIX GIGS for 30 bucks if you get a contract and the iphone... now... i dont do that much data with my phone... but mostly because i stop myself, if i had the data, i'd surely use it...

i'd drop bell in a hot minute if i thought their service area was worth a damn, but from what i hear it sucks. does anyone have the iphone that works in the patch? or remote areas anyway? is the phone a total piece of junk? let me know... i want to call bell and complane, but before that i need to be willing to backup my threats....

The phone is a great piece of technology but Rogers' service coverage blows chunks at times. The great thing about Rogers and their devices is that they gain access to a broadened range of networks increasing effective range (i.e. superior to Bell and Telus).

tzetsin

The phone is a great piece of technology but Rogers' service coverage blows chunks at times. The great thing about Rogers and their devices is that they gain access to a broadened range of networks increasing effective range (i.e. superior to Bell and Telus).

you mean to say that if i'm in the bush, the rogers phone will work on whomevers network it can jack into?

lowfat

Staff member
Roger's GSM network is AWFUL out west. If you don't live in a major center and stay in that area forget about it. Telus and Bell are you only real choices here..

muse108dc

I have a Rogers phone and I have trouble getting a signal on the Gulf Islands (Saltspring in particular), hell its not even all that remote, luckily my contract is pretty much up.

tzetsin

yeah, i checked out that link rommel, great big massive hole right where i do alot of work (grande cache area) rogers is a bust... thanks for the info guys!! i noticed there wasnt anyone willing to step up to bad for rogers lol ah well... meby i can just shame bell into giving me a better rate plan.

Rommel

Banned
yeah, i checked out that link rommel, great big massive hole right where i do alot of work (grande cache area) rogers is a bust... thanks for the info guys!! i noticed there wasnt anyone willing to step up to bad for rogers lol ah well... meby i can just shame bell into giving me a better rate plan.

Grande Cache is a giant Void for Rogers, I used to work for Schlumberger there.

lowfat

Staff member

Grande Cache has 0 Rogers service. My workblackberry use to be on Rogers and everytime I had to go to GC, I was hooped. :angry2: Thankfully new one is with Bell.

bojangles

I get huge holes at UWO in London. It could be my phone as well though aka RAZR. I'm looking into getting a new phone because I'm due for a HUP.

Latest posts