What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iPhone 4 Released - Ridiculous Lineups

FiXT

Hall of Fame
People were waiting 9 hours in line to be able to PRE-ORDER an iphone from the store........ with an expected ETA of Fall 2010, WTF?

The Incredibly Slow, Incredibly Hot Soho iPhone 4 Line

Check out the video, where it literally goes for 4-5 blocks

Also from CNET:

"They're telling us the coffee and donuts are only for (people with) reservations," complained Joe Lobato, who camped out in front of the San Francisco store for two nights. "

Two freaking nights, for a phone.

There is fanboys, which I understand and respect, and then there is this absolute lunacy :dots:
I have officially upgraded Apple to cult status.

Last edited:

Neolithium_Wpg

I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.

AkG

I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.

Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds! :canadianwave:

Neolithium_Wpg

Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds! :canadianwave:

Definitely a Jesus phone: Buy one and pray it isn't defective :rofl:

FiXT

Hall of Fame
For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.

The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road :haha:

ilya

For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.

The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road :haha:

You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.

Polygon

I don't get it... is there a limited amount of pre orders or something? What's the difference between waiting in line for hours to pre order and pre ordering the next day?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.

Asian cultures are notoriously Tech-savvy. It makes sense that the lineups for sale prices on tech products would be long in an area with a 90th percentile asian population. Give or take.

God bless them for driving down the market price when I go to shop there tho. I also expect that NCIX (if they are smart) will open their store in Markham.

Latest posts